Menu

disable 'Invalid dom and/or not discove...

2011-07-21
2015-06-23
  • voytek eymont

voytek eymont - 2011-07-21

Postfix Admin 2.3.3

How can I disable "Invalid domain dom.tld, and/or not discoverable in DNS" check ?

I'm setting a new domain, haven't done dns as yet, trying to setup emails whilst waiting for delegation password.

feature suggestion
    Ideally, I would like to see like an override check: 'domain not balid, do you still wish to proceed' type of check.

Many thanks to the postfix.admin team for your work

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2011-07-21

see FAQ.TXT question 4 in the PostfixAdmin documentation ;-)

Since I know that people hate reading documentation: $CONF

Regarding your feature request: I'm not sure if this makes sense - usually domains are registered long before a page goes online and/or mail addresses on this domain are published, therefore there's no problem with the DNS checks. While I understand your idea, I'm not too keen to have the additional complexity. Oh, and I'm afraid nobody will remove the "no DNS check" flag later ;-)  (next feature request is probably "add expiration date for this flag" *g*)

BTW: The DNS check does only check if the domain exists and is resolvable. It does _not_ check if the MX entries point to your server.

• Josh

Josh - 2015-06-23

I think it's completely reasonable to add a "skip DNS check" option. There's no reason to enforce DNS this strictly.

• Josh

Josh - 2015-06-23

Thanks, setting that config setting to NO works great!