Clean Child PPP

Help
ubuntutemp
2007-07-25
2012-09-17
  • ubuntutemp

ubuntutemp - 2007-07-25

Hello,

I installed a Debian-based server w/ PoPToP...

Several shops connect from outside via VPN connections setup in a Netopia modem/router present in the shops...

All connections works perfectly...

Meanwhile, a problem persists :

1) If i disconnect manually the vpn connection from outside : the ppp connection on server-side disconnects automatically w/ a "Reaping child ppp" message in /var/log/debug...all is clean...

2) If i reboot the distant Netopia : it disconnects cleanly the same way as before..

3) But when a WAN disconnection appears (i've tested client side but it have to be the same for server-side) : the ppp connection server-side "keeps alive" in server side...a few seconds later, when WAN goes up : the pppX+1 connection goes up once more w/ the previous connection always "active"...But all this fucks up the vpn connection because no more route / ping functions correctly...

So, i wanna know if there is a script/command to have an automatic ppp cleaning for this situations....

Thank you for your answers...

Sincerely,

XZed

• ubuntutemp

ubuntutemp - 2007-07-26

OK,

I've found the solution...

I had

lcp-echo-failure 0
      maxfail 0

in my pptpd-options...

So it forced the vpn connections to be persistent...

With LCP control i managed to have ppp connections cleaned correctly...

By the way, do you know the "correct" lcp-echo-failure / lcp-echo-interval values for a vpn server w/ ~ 60 vpn connections...

I ask it because i don't want to fuck up my bandwith w/ severel lcp controls...

Thank oy very much...