bcrelay does not work as intended

Help
Anonymous
2003-03-01
2012-09-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-03-01

hi..

i have a strange problem with the new bcrelay feature. the internal interface of my linux box is eth0 and the vpn interface is ppp1 (ppp0 is my adsl uplink to the ISP). therefore i specified "bcrelay eth0" in the /etc/pptpd.conf file.

i verified that bcrelay is really running while the vpn link is up by adding additional syslog messages. the messages tell me from which interface a forwarded package comes and to which interface it is forwarded. so i was able o verify that bcrelay actually noticed the broadcast packets, because i found in the syslog the messsage "packet from eth0 forwarded to ppp1".

BUT, the problem is the package never shows up on ppp1. i made a tcpdump and there is absolutely no forwarding of the broadcast packets.

by the way, the firewall was down while testing.

so if there are no other explanantions (any ideas???) it seems to me that the "sendto" function that is used by bcrelay does not work as intended.

are there any prerequisites to special libraries used by poptop/bcrelay? glibc for example?

any ideas?

regards
    mario

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-03-04

meanwhile i found a solution to the problem. it was a bug in the source code of the bcrelay feature. details can be found in the mailing list archive.

i have forwarded the fix to the author and he told me that it has been included in the current CVS source tree of version 1.1.4

so grab that one if you have similar problems.

regards
      mario