Menu

PHPWiki - PHP Warnings and fatal errors on default setup

Help
2013-12-05
2015-09-04
  • Keith Ayers

Keith Ayers - 2013-12-05

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using SourceForge, but I'll try to provide any information you could need.

I'm having a problem with PHPWiki out of the box - I've set this up on a web server (Windows Server 2012 R2) with a SQL Server backend (SQL Server 2012) with PHP installed (5.3.x). After copying the files, verifying permissions, creating the database, setting up the schema, and configuring the config.ini a few times, I get a working wiki that has all kinds of bugs on it. Many PHP warnings, but a couple of fatal errors. See the images below for details:

My PHPWiki home page

My PHPWiki All Pages page

(Also notice the top link on the toolbox on the left-hand side. No idea what's going on there either)

I've been scouring the internet, but to no avail. What am I missing? I've also included my config.ini in a link below (with the Admin username, password, and dsn changed, I don't think that's the problem).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/767534/etc/config.ini

Can anyone help me? I can verify settings/configuration if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,

• Keith

• Rune Thorsen

Rune Thorsen - 2015-09-03

I can't get started either, using XAMPP on Win7. I do not understand to unbox and get running.
    I have also tried the configurator.php but it results in
    Call to a member function fetch() on a non-object in C:....\phpwiki-1.5.4\lib\WikiUser\PdoDb.php on line 71

• Marc-Etienne Vargenau

Hi,

PDO is not fully tested.

Try replacing

DATABASE_TYPE = PDO

with

DATABASE_TYPE = SQL

in your config/config.ini file

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne Vargenau