Menu

Endnotes and Footnotes

PhpRtf
Anonymous
2011-09-12
2013-04-30
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-12

Usually endnotes and footnotes are introduced in documents using the superscript notation. In the present release of this library, the footnotes/endnotes are introduced as ordinary characters, numbers, etc. depending on the chosen numbering type.
    I recommend the changing of the default behaviour of inserting a footnote/endnote or at least enabling the user to make a choice between inserting the footnote/endnote references using normal/superscript/subscript notation.

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2011-09-12

If you like, we could work together on a solution. I must admit that my knowledge about superscript/subscript is very limited. I started developing on this project to keep it alive. So please support me and the community.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-11-21

The required changes are minimal actually, because there is a specific RTF document code for entering a superscript/subscript notation.

By the way, I'm sorry for the late reply, but I didn't monitor the topic.

I would be interested in working in order to find a solution.

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2011-11-27

I added a method setTypeSettingType()  to define superscript and subscript. Agrument may be super, sub or normal. As default super is defined . Strangely it only works for endnotes. I don't know why. Hope, it works for you. I would really appreciate it if you could check out and give me feedback whether it works for you, or not.

Best regards,
    SigmaZ

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-12-11

I tested the method and for my examples it worked just fine. Thank you for adding this important functionality to the library and good luck in continuing the development.

Kind regards,
    IceRage

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2011-12-11

Thx for your reply. Good to hear, that it is working fine for you.

Kind regards,
    SigmaZ