addImage in Red Hat

PhpRtf
Sofia
2011-12-12
2013-04-30
  • Sofia

Sofia - 2011-12-12

Hello,

I am trying the examples of this library in Ubuntu 11.04 and all is OK. But, when I started to use this library in Red Hat and  I tried to add images to the rtf I found a problem.

The examples I am using are the examples of the library and are the same in both cases, but in Red Hat something failed. Are there any incompatibility between the library and Red Hat? Maybe I have to install anything else in Red Hat?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my English.

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2011-12-22

What exactly goes wrong? Did you get an error message? May be, RedHat uses different image library than Ubuntu… Could please check that for me? The images.php example did not work, right? Which RedHat version do you use? Which php version?

• Sofia

Sofia - 2011-12-30

Hello,

When I execute the program as:

$ php images.php

The error is:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function image_type_to_extension() in /.../phprtflite-1.2.0/lib/PHPRtfLite/Image.php on line 323

So I supposed that the error is related with the version of PHP. The version that I use in Ubuntu is "PHP Version 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.4" and in RedHat is "PHP Version 5.1.6". I will update the version of PHP in RedHat soon and I will try the examples again.

If my supposition is true, I will tell you in this forum for helping futures users with the same problem.

Thanks for answering.

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2012-01-03

Unfortunatly neither I could find a note in the php nor in the GD library documentation since when this function (image_type_to_extension()) has been added.

• Sofia

Sofia - 2012-01-23

To close the thread, at the end, the problem was that the function image_type_to_extension() was added to the PHP version 5.2.0. The updating of PHP resolved the problem.

Thank you for all and sorry for answer so late.

• Steffen Zeidler

Steffen Zeidler - 2012-01-24

Thanks for reporting that. I will change the requirement section to php 5.2 in the docs.

Best regards