Menu

error 2 with open_basedir

Help
2012-10-23
2013-05-30
  • Ad de Kruijff

Ad de Kruijff - 2012-10-23

If I want to edit my media, the field with ?Filter contains error = 2 for all my media in the database. The media is in the correct directory, the media is displayed correctly in the use of phpgedview.
    The error does not appear on my local installation, but with my provider. Here are some examples:

ERROR 2: is_dir() : open_basedir restriction in effect. File(media/media/FamKruijff1925.jpg/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/eaglesbase/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/:media/)
    0 Error occurred on in function is_dir
    1 called from line 846 of file functions_mediadb.php in function get_media_folders
    2 called from line 813 of file media.php

ERROR 2: is_dir() : open_basedir restriction in effect. File(media/tak-kruijff/Huwelijksakte van Cornelis Willem de Kruijff.doc/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/eaglesbase/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/:media/)
    0 Error occurred on in function is_dir
    1 called from line 846 of file functions_mediadb.php in function get_media_folders
    2 called from line 813 of file media.php

My provider has path's installed for the open_basedir parameter and added the media-directory, but that does not help.
    If I remove the file from the server, then the error is gone. It displays error for every media-file available.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2012-10-23

Your ISP doesn't know what they're doing.  They need to add the current directory to the path, so that the whole thing looks something like this:

/home/eaglesbase/:.:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/