Menu

SVN users - time for a backup?

Greg Roach
2010-01-16
2013-05-30
  • Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2010-01-16

I'm just about to submit some changes to SVN that affect the way PGV stores various critical bits of information (users, gedcoms, settings, etc.)

If, like me, you use SVN on your live site, then now might be a very good time to make a backup.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2010-01-16

Exactly WHEN are you planning this significant change?

What do we have to do after we've installed the relevant SVN files?

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2010-01-16

The changes were submitted shortly after I made the post.

There is nothing you need to do - just update SVN normally.

The gedcoms.php file has been moved to two new tables, pgv_gedcom and pgv_gedcom_setting.

The pgv_users table has been split between three new tables, pgv_user, pgv_user_setting and pgv_user_gedcom_setting.

The update works the same as any other database update.

The warning was aimed at the cautious/nervous site administrators out there, and was also a gentle reminder to people who aren't diligent in their backups…..

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-01-17

Thanks for the warning Greg - I'm definitely one of those "cautious/nervous site administrators". Glad to say I didn't need the backups though. All changes went perfectly smoothly- even with my heavy customisations and mods.

• NightOwl

NightOwl - 2010-01-18

Hello fisharebest

My name is Normand

Since I'm updating svn 6745 I have problems. I can not go edit the configuration file. Currently I am updating svn 6770 and it is always the same problem.

Here is the error message:

ERROR 2: require(${INDEX_DIRECTORY}Lapierre.ged_conf.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    0 Error occurred on line 219 of file editconfig_gedcom.php in function require
    1 called from line 219 of file editconfig_gedcom.php

Warning: require(${INDEX_DIRECTORY}Lapierre.ged_conf.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/genealog/public_html/phpgedview/editconfig_gedcom.php on line 219

ERROR 2: require(${INDEX_DIRECTORY}Lapierre.ged_conf.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    0 Error occurred on line 219 of file editconfig_gedcom.php in function require
    1 called from line 219 of file editconfig_gedcom.php

Warning: require(${INDEX_DIRECTORY}Lapierre.ged_conf.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/genealog/public_html/phpgedview/editconfig_gedcom.php on line 219

Fatal error: require() : Failed opening required '${INDEX_DIRECTORY}Lapierre.ged_conf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/genealog/public_html/phpgedview/editconfig_gedcom.php on line 219

Have a nice day

Normand Lapierre
    http://www.genealogie-lapierre.ca

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-01-18

Normand

Is there a particular reason you are using the svn version? Its not advised, as it is strictly beta code, in preparation for the next release. A few of us do use it, mainly to assist the developers with "real-life" testing. You need to know the software well, in my view, to run svn.

That said, your issue is probably simple - you don't have the correct permissions on your /index/ folder. They need to be full read/write (777) on the folder and all its sub-folders and files.

Nigel

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2010-01-18

I only have a few minutes, so just a quick reply.

1) backup your index/gedcoms.php file

2) edit this file, and replace {$INDEX_DIRECTORY} with the actual path.

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2010-01-18

Sorry - I mean edit the values in the table pgv_gedcom_settings, not in the file….

• Greg Roach

Greg Roach - 2010-01-18

This problem should now be fixed in SVN.