Menu

Bug with international versions of VS

FootStark
2009-03-30
2013-05-30
  • FootStark

FootStark - 2009-03-30

Hi there,

first of all: Thank you for a great tool!

And to help improve it a little bit, I wanted to inform you that there's a problem with PhatStudio when installing on an international (non english) version of Visual Studio.
    As fixing it is better than complaining about it, I just took a look at the source code to find out that the lookup of the View-Menu fails (german VS).

Here's a short fix for Commands.RegisterCommand (Command.cs:153) to successfully locate a menu bar with the international valid name (i.e. "view") of a menu bar.
    (...)
                //Find the specified menu on the MenuBar command bar:
               CommandBarPopup menuPopup = null;
                foreach (CommandBarControl menuControl in menuBarCommandBar.Controls)
                   if (menuControl.Type == MsoControlType.msoControlPopup
                       && ((CommandBarPopup)menuControl).CommandBar.Name.Equals(menuName,StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
                      menuPopup = (CommandBarPopup)menuControl;

(...)

as documented at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555186

I'm not familiar with the practices here at SourceForge, but I thought I just post the fix in the forum. Maybe you can incorporate it in the next version of yout tool.

Regards,
        Stefan

• J Stone

J Stone - 2009-04-01

Thanks for the bug report, Stefan.  We will fix this in an upcoming update.

• J Stone

J Stone - 2010-02-13

This has been fixed (by Isometric God) in PhatStudio v1.02, which has just been released.