Cannot find curses2.dll

Help
nofaber
2006-02-11
2013-04-25
  • nofaber

nofaber - 2006-02-11

Hi all,

I try to use pdcurses under winXP with devcpp. I tried to compile a simple test link this:

initscr();
    printw("something...");
    system("pause");
    endwin();

The compilation process goes well. But when I want to run the .exe, windows output an error that says "curses2.dll cannot be found...". Why does I get this error ?

I tried to move curses2.dll from "pdcurses/bin" directory to "windows/system32" directory. So the .exe can be launched without any errors, but nothing is displayed on the screen!

Any help would really be appreciated.
    Regards,
    nofaber

• William McBrine

William McBrine - 2006-02-14

Why do you even have a "curses2.dll"? Is this a prebuilt version of PDCurses that came with Dev-C++?

The reason you get no screen output is that you never call refresh(). And sorry, but 'system("pause")' is ridiculous. If you want to wait for a key, just use 'getch()'. That will also implicitly call refresh(), BTW.

• nofaber

nofaber - 2006-02-14

I don't know why I have a "curses2.dll"; actually this is my question :D

I downloaded PDCurses from sourceforge. Nevertheless, I'm not sure that I downloaded the right version for devcpp (which uses mingw). I downloaded a .exe that installed every thing. I will download pdc27_ming_w32.zip and see if it correct my issue. I notice that there is no "curses2.dll" in this .zip file.

Do not worry about system("pause") : it is just to prevent windows to auto-close my terminal window after my test program finish.

Thanks for the help, I will see if pdc27_ming_w32.zip solve my problem.
      Regards,
      Fabrice