Menu

The NEW Version is available!

2021-06-11
2023-05-15
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-11

The new version has finally been released and is available on the official website
    pcequalizer.com
    It included a several bug fixes, added new features and has a modern dark theme.

Last edit: Bilal Salem 2021-06-12
    • Jerry Lee Nicolas

The recent versions with the Pro Upgrade button have become worse than when it had the donate button. The reason being, the interface magically closes itself at its own discretion a split second after being opened at all at random times, probably in attempt to minimize to the notifications, except that icon disappears too! I'm on Windows 10, just so you know. Can't even find it in the hidden notifications. Also, even if it does remain open, there's no setting to keep it in the taskbar once you concentrate on another window. There should be enough other settings to actually use the GUI normally if a user prefers. I recommend that there should also be a customizable mini display of the GUI that can be left-clicked open, to directly manage something like the process tab without leaving the program playing audio.
      No offense, but this program in its current version is quite pathetic. I know I'm using the free version, but there's no explanation to what I'll get from Pro. It seems you already get dark mode with pro, that's fine but personally I don't care for it. Right now I'm really glad I didn't buy this. This program is so poorly made now. It's quite inappropriate and pitiful to ask people to buy the Pro off an app that can't even be used normally and easily. The false virus alerts are not the worse part though it's probably because of this weird and annoying behaviour. And I have fixed the false alert in any antiviruses I have to ignore the folder of use. I'll have to side install an old version with no updates on that one till this is all fixed I guess.

Last edit: Jerry Lee Nicolas 2021-09-21
  • Robin Khn

Robin Khn - 2021-06-12

I purchased an activation key, but when i try to activate PC Equalizer I get an error message telling me that an error occured and that I should try again. But when I try again the program hangs itself up and doesn't respond anymore. Could you help me with this bug?

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-12

In my website the data shows that you are registered and activated for one device.
      You have already completed the activation, probably the error that occurred is not due to activation.

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-12

Hi Robin

delete license files and try agian, located in program instalation directory, data/plugins/pcequ delete all .dat files.

• Robin Khn

Robin Khn - 2021-06-12

The directory you have given me does not exist. The data/plugins directory exists, but there I can't find any folder named pcequ...

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-12

my bad, it's requ
    as a default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Equalizer\data\Plugins\requ\

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-12

If the problem still exist so you need to do clean install:
    1- Uninstall current installed version.
    2- Manually delete all remaining files located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Equalizer.
    3- Install the new version.

• wearymadness

wearymadness - 2021-06-12

Thanks for the update Bilal - the new look is great.

I have noticed that the Launch PC Equalizer on startup is not persisting - if I change tabs in Preference section and go back to General it is deselected again. I have PC Equalizer running as Administrator.

Thanks again.

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-12

Thank you, the bug is fixed now, you can redownload-reinstall again.

• Robin Khn

Robin Khn - 2021-06-14

Well, none of your proposed fixes helped. I completely de-installed everything and downloaded the installer again. But this time I can't even execute the installer because Windows then gives me an error telling me this file could contain a virus or malware. This wasn't the case when I downloaded the installer the first time. Could you fix this bug please?

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-14

Well now things are clear, in first time the antivirus blocked the program and so it showed an error message, and now PC Equalizer considered as a threat.
      Why does this happen? The program searches for a registry key to read, this key contains the installation location of "Equalizer APO",
      search in:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\SHC
      searches for:
      Editor.exe, Configurator.exe or Benchmark.exe and they are all files belonging to "Equalizer APO".

To solve the problem, allow or exclude PC Equalizer from your antivirus settings.

• Tod G

Tod G - 2021-06-21

I tried install the new version and had both Windows Defender tell me not to (which I overrode) and AVG capture several malware trojan type files. So, I'm less than convinced that this new version is safe for my PC. Will be sticking with the older version which gave me no install issues.

Last edit: Tod G 2021-06-21
  • Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-22

New version is available, 2.0.0.1, according to virustotal.com the files are clean.
    many changes was made, and several bugs was fixed.

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-06-22

The file (PC Equalizer\data\Plugins\requ\liceline.exe) got many detections in the previous version.
    the new one is clean, BUT it's "64 bit", so 32 bit users will not able to run it.
    working on a clean 32 bit version.

• jose cardozo

jose cardozo - 2021-07-01

so is not free anymore? and cant download the new version.

• Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-07-01

There will be another free version, the last one, that is still under testing.
      Download was not available because the file type was "exe" and this type of file is not allowed on the server, so it was deleted from pcequalizer.com, I re-uploaded it in "zip" format.

• jose cardozo

jose cardozo - 2021-07-01

oh, thank you so much, i still using the first last version because still work, i just put it on continue and everything still works.

• Tod G

Tod G - 2022-08-12

I'm trying to install the d/l file and it wants to associate the file with
        an existing application which obviously has not yet been installed? I'm in
        a catch 22. What do I need to do?

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 10:24 AM Bilal Salem bils7922@users.sourceforge.net
        wrote:

There will be another free version, the last one, that is still under
        testing.
        Download was not available because the file type was "exe" and this type
        of file is not allowed on the server, so it was deleted from
        pcequalizer.com, I re-uploaded it in "zip" format.

The NEW Version is available!
        https://sourceforge.net/p/pc-equalizer/discussion/general/thread/bd3c631c5c/?limit=25#5b17/3f36

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/pc-equalizer/discussion/general/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Tod G

Tod G - 2021-07-05

You have a great EQ sound processing app. However, it should have been made clear that installing the 2.0 update would result in losing the free version.

Last edit: Tod G 2021-07-06
  • pierre

pierre - 2021-07-09

Hi, thx for the work and update.
    related to free version, i have a constant message at windows 10 startup telling me to update to 1.3.3.1.
    i have 1.3.3.1 installed (confirmed with "about" in the program), try to uninstall EqualizerAPO64-1.2.1 and PC-EQ.setup.1.3.3.1, and reinstall the 2 with reboot but get the same "update to 1.3.3.1 available" window.
    someone else? a way to remove this?

*edit: just blocked the program in my firewall no more message at windows start

Last edit: pierre 2021-07-12
  • Infinite New1

Infinite New1 - 2021-07-16

Yes, same here. Was the case for the 1.3.3.1 update. Now version 1.3.3.2 is acting the same even if I updated it correctly. I searched a bit in the registry keys but it was too messy to modify... There's a lot of traces of older versions...

Last edit: Infinite New1 2021-07-16
  • Bilal Salem

Bilal Salem - 2021-07-16

Well, I checked the program well and didn't find anything that leads to the update message.
    Please try to do a clean install, even if you have more than one version installed, apply these steps for all versions:
    1. First save your preset and Multi-Delays files, go to the following path:
    System Drive:\Program Files (x86)\PC Equalizer Free\data\
    save "preset" and "delay" folders so that they can be restored when you reinstall PC Equalizer. DO THIS TO ALL INSTALLED VERSIONS.
    2. Uninstall PC Equalizer "all versions" from Add/Remove Programs feature.
    3. Delete the remaining files: Delete the program folder:
    System Drive:\Program Files (x86)\PC Equalizer Free\
    or
    System Drive:\Program Files (x86)\PC Equalizer\
    4. Delete the registry files:
    Press win+R, type regedit.exe, and press Enter. To use other methods click here
    Access the following path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PC Equalizer
    and delete all keys
    5. Install PC Equalizer "LATEST VERSION" and restore the preset and Multi-Delays files.

Last edit: Bilal Salem 2021-07-16
    • Infinite New1

Infinite New1 - 2021-07-17

Should have replied here, sorry.

• jose cardozo

jose cardozo - 2021-07-17

thanks, now is working perfectly, but you looks like forget to startup minimized option.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)