Menu

3.05 import frustration...

Help
Gene
2006-12-04
2012-09-17
  • Gene

Gene - 2006-12-04

I'm new to Password Safe, and think it has a lot of potential.. But I can't get my passwords to import.

I've tried comma and tab delimited files.. The program trys to import but says "Read 0 records Couldn't read 58 records." I then click OK and am returned to the program..

I've searched through older messages and haven't found any info I think can help...

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-12-04

Hi Gene,

What I'd do work backwards: Create a dummy database with a single entry, export it to text and study it's structure to see what's different from the one you're trying to import. You might also want to try the same trick with XML.

G'luck,

Rony

• Zev Griner

Zev Griner - 2007-01-18

I am also frustrated with Import/Export

Tried using the KeepSafe import - that didn't work
        Tried Text import using KeepSafe exported file - that didn't work
        Read the Help file, put columns in the same order, that didn't work
        Did what you suggested - created single entry Password Safe database, exported using Text, tried to import that file - that didn't work!

Please - since Text import is so iffy - please, please do the following:
        1) Force the use of a title row, so the program knows what it is importing
        2) Specify expected formats. For example, KeepSafe puts a 'T' in its date/time field, instead of a space
        3) Some usable error messages

Thank you very much.
        Zev

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2007-02-15

The text import/export functionality should work much better in 3.06.

• Gene

Gene - 2006-12-09

COnverted to XML, still doesn't work, guess I'll keep searching for a Password program that will work..

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2006-12-10

Hi,

Could you be a bit more specific about the problems you've had with XML format?

Rony