Menu

Nexus 7 - doesn't update

Help
2013-04-05
2013-04-12
  • opensourceuser123

Hello,
    I'm using the application on Win8, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 and sync the password file through dropbox.
    For some reason, the password I'm seeing in the nexus 7 are not updated to the latest version of the file. I re-installed both dropbox and the app for android, but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm using the latest version of both passwordsafe and dropbox for win8 and nexus7.

Thanks in advance for your help

• Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2013-04-06

Dropbox on Android will not sync changes that are made on the Nexus. You need to install another app like Dropsync that will sync a Dropbox folder to the phone and does pickup the file changes.

Also, I'm (slowly) adding native Dropbox and Google Drive support to the Android app.

Jeff

• opensourceuser123

Hey Jeff,
    Thanks for the quick response.

I'm talking about changes being made on the computer client of passwordsafe.
    When I open the synced .psafe3 file, it opens the passwordsafe application. Unfortunately it opens an old version of the file, as if there's a cache file somewhere in the passwordsafe app.

Last edit: opensourceuser123 2013-04-08
  • Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris - 2013-04-10

Are you sure the changes have been synced to Dropbox from the PC? You should be able to see a history of changes if you login to the Dropbox website.

If you open the file and look at its details you should be able to see when it was last modified.

Jeff

• Erik

Erik - 2013-04-12

On my Nexus 7, I have Password Safe retrieve my password safe file directly from my dropbox. The path to the dropbox documents folder is "mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.dropbox.android\files\scratch". I also deleted the "My Safes" folder on the PC and have the Password Safe database saved right in my dropbox. When I make a change to the password safe file on my desktop, it is immediately available on my Nexus.