Menu

Password Safe 3.34 "OK" Button stays greyed out after entering Safe Combination

straker
2014-07-27
2014-07-31
  • straker

straker - 2014-07-27

Hello,

after updating to 3.34, I failed to gain access to my passwords, because even after entering the correct safe combination, it wasn't possible to click on "OK", because the button stays greyed out, no matter what. Therefore it's not possible to get a "wrong password" either.

The OK button only becomes accessible, if no password database is selected. In that case an "empty" windows appears and I can open my password database via the menu file/open. This time OK works as it should when entering the safe combination.

Is this an intended change? If it's not, has someone else encountered this bug?

Thanks!

• straker

straker - 2014-07-27

Here's a screenshot, almost forgot! http://i.imgur.com/4n9PQ09.jpg

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2014-07-28

Yes, there's a problem with PasswordSafe 3.34 that somehow escaped our tests.

Expect 3.34.1 shortly, hopefully today.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

• straker

straker - 2014-07-28

No problem! Thanks for the information. :)

• straker

straker - 2014-07-28

Thanks again for the quick fix. I've updated and everything works now as it should again. Great software!

• jag-jag

jag-jag - 2014-07-31

Was having the same problem, but only on the GREEN version. Your fix has corrected this but now I get the following error:
    Failed to load Autotype support DLL (wrong version?) Autotype for Launch of a Browser or Running a command is disabled.
    From memory Browser Launch and Autotype used to work from the Green version.