Mike
2016-03-19
2016-06-22
  • Mike

Mike - 2016-03-19

Hi All!
    When I
    - open password safe
    - open the details of a password (dialog is shown)
    - wait for some minutes until the database automatically closes as configured
    - use the global application keyboard hotkey to enable the database again
    - enter the password to unlock the DB, press Enter,

I see that the dialog is still open with the details of the password. The problem is that now I seem not to have any possibility to use the keyboard to navigate in Password Safe. Neither can I use ESC to close the dialog nor Ctrl-F4 nor any other key. I have to use my mouse to click into the database windows, only then I can use ESC to close the password window and use cursor keys to navigate to another entry.

Is there any key combination I can use to close the window do I really have to use the mouse in this scenario?

Regards,
    Mike

Last edit: Mike 2016-03-19
  • Huw

Huw - 2016-06-22

I was able to replicate this until after I tried disabling "Allow multiple instances". Since then, regardless of the status of that setting, the open record now has focus upon unlocking Passwordsafe after it locks itself on idle. Maybe pwsafe.cfg required upgrading?

Either way it seems an open record appears to some degree "orphaned" after unlocking, evidenced by a few quirks:
    - Closing the record if edits have been made results in a prompt incorrectly warning that you are cancelling
    - It is possible to open a further record, which is usually not the case
    - Closing a more recently opened second record will also close the earlier one.

Perhaps there is something unconventional about the way lock on idle is implemented.

I use a non-registry install, if that could be a factor.

Last edit: Huw 2016-06-22