Menu

Need option to disable Autotype

James
2013-06-10
2018-09-27
  • James

James - 2013-06-10

Trying out every option of this very useful utility, I think it desperately needs an option to globally disable Autotype. For example: my bank blocks my account after three failed login attempts. I do not wish to take this risk so I would like to block Autotype altogether to prevent it from being accidentally triggered.

Also, Autotype blindly types into any underlying window. Whether it's Notepad, Skype, Messenger or Google, it simply types my username and password. Assuming that the correct URL always loads and then blindly typing my bank details is not what I would have expected.

Please include an option to disable Autotype altogether. For now, I have found a workaround. Set the Default Autotype String to a bunch of asterisks "*". This way, it will not type my details.

Thank you for this extremely useful utility.

• Andrew

Andrew - 2018-09-27

To disable autotype (at least the shortcut), go to manage -> options -> shortcuts -> program shortcuts -> "edit >> perform auto type"; right-click; select "remove this shortcut".
    If desired, do the same for "edit >> browse to url + auto type".

I realize this thread is years old, but I found the answer I was looking for after finding this thread, so maybe this will help someone else.