Menu

Suggestion

Bingo
2012-10-30
2012-11-03
  • Bingo

Bingo - 2012-10-30

Many sites have challenge questions and images that must match a keyword as part of their security. Sometimes I use incorrect answers in my challenge questions so someone cannot look up readily available information about me and properly answer the security questions.

At present I can note the answers in the notes section, but you might consider incorporating such formally into future releases.

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2012-10-31

I always make up answers to these questions, and keep them in the Notes field. Since they're so varied, I don't see how this can be better formalized. If you have a more specific idea, I'd be glad to hear it.

Rony

• alan

alan - 2012-10-31

I always generate random strings for these using the "Generate password" function.
    For each institution, I create a group and place them as entries under the group.

E.g.
    I have a group named "MyBank" with entries named ...
    - "MyBank-1PW" containing the password
    - "MyBank-MN" with a memorable name
    - "MyBank-LS" with the name of my last school (the YTKVgVR%AFwfGc6 high school!)
    etc. etc.

The password entry is called "1PW" so it always appears first, and that is the entry that contains the auto-type string, URL and any other notes I need.

Just my little system!

Last edit: alan 2012-10-31
  • Mark Kaprielian

Mark Kaprielian - 2012-10-31

Hi

How about 3 pairs of fields below the notes in the dead space currently there. Make the left column about 2/3rds across, the right column the remaining space.

You could put a button next to each that copied to the clipboard the challenage answer.

Since my suggestion is to add feilds, I would add one more row here for a total of four. I like to keep the date when I created the password and a date for when I last updated it. I am aware of the modification date on the other tab. I find that I never go to the other tabs.

Another useful field would be phone number to
    A - keep it out of the notes field
    B - make it easy to copy out for use in skype (add a copy button)

Mark

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2012-11-01

Kudos to Alan for a nice system under the existing framework.
    Although adding fields, as Mark suggests, is pretty straightforward, I really don't want to clutter up the dialog boxes any more than they already are. Need to think about this a bit.

• Bingo

Bingo - 2012-11-03

Thanks for replies. Alan's system would work, but is problematic given the number of accounts I have.