Menu

A jpg created in hugin shown using PTviewer

Help
gazz1982
2007-05-15
2013-05-08
  • gazz1982

gazz1982 - 2007-05-15

I'm trying to display a panorama created using hugin and PTsticher. The PTviewer can display a normal (single) jpg but it does not display the composite jpg - see www.ucl.ac.uk/~tcrngrn for my attempt. many thanks.

• slate4d

slate4d - 2007-05-21

I'm new to this but I think you are trying to display an image that is too big for a java applet (like ptviewer) to handle within a browser.  I loaded your full-sized (12269x1990) panorama into FSPViewer (free at http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm\) which runs directly on windows and it displayed fine. 
      I also tried reducing the size of your stitched image using photoshop to verify that a smaller panorama (1850x300) would display within firefox using ptviewer (the bigger one didn't).

If you really want to offer a full-screen panorama on a web page then I think you might have to use a different panorama viewer.  There are a number of them that can handle full-screen (qtvr, devalvr, spi-v) but I havn't found one that is open-source.  Since I was trying to convince myself I wasn't misleading you, I ran your full-sized panorama through pano2qtvr and made a cylindrical qtvr movie.  The result is really big, over 13meg, but it does display full-screen in qtvr and devalvr. 

Pretty country by the way.