Menu

Network Properties

2009-06-04
2013-04-29
  • Brian Parma

Brian Parma - 2009-06-04

I really like this program, I've been looking for a hamachi-like program that works decently on linux for a  long time and this looks very promising, and even better than hamachi.

The information is a little scarce, so I was wondering about a few things.  First, the network's 'tracker' simply tells you about other people on the 'network' right, you still need to port forward if you're using a router?  The default is to use a public (TPB) tracker, what does that look like from the tracker's perspective?  Do they see your network like it was another bittorrent?  Can they see anything about your network?

Second, Is there a way to change properties of a network you've created (like the ip range/netmask or tracker)?  The only way I can figure out to change them is to create a new network.

• Wolfgang Ginolas

>I really like this program, I've been looking for a hamachi-like program that works decently on linux for a long time and this looks very promising, and even better than hamachi.
      Thank you! This is the reason why I started this project!

>The information is a little scarce...
      Yes, I am sorry for that. Hopefully I will find time to write some more documentation.

>First, the network's 'tracker' simply tells you about other people on the 'network' right, you still need to port forward if you're using a router?
      Correct

> ...what does that look like from the tracker's perspective?
      Every P2PVPN-network has an unique ID. This ID is send to the tracker. The tracker will think this is an torrent file hash. So the tracker will know the network ID an the IPs of the peers. The tracker also might know that it is used for P2PVPN instead of BitTorrent.

>Second, Is there a way to change properties of a network you've created (like the ip range/netmask or tracker)?
      No, currently there is no way to change the properties.