Menu

Install successfull on Win2000/Apache2/PHP4

2002-08-27
2004-08-25
  • Robert Thurnreiter

Hello,

In the last few days I where trying to install Outreach under Windows 2000. With a little mixture of the published 0.946b and the CVS 0.947 sources, containing some windows support, i finally succeded !

Here are the steps I did to install on my system:

On Windows 2000 / with Apache 2 / PHP 4.2.2 - no gettext support
    php as sapi / php4apache.dll (look for patched dll on www.php.net)

1) unpack 0.946 Full Release

2) get setup from cvs - all files except opt_init.sql Rev <= 1.3 (use Browse CVS)

3) copy & rename in directory include files init_OPT_lib.php to .txt
    also init_mail_retrieve.pl to .txt

4) edit setup_lib.php change line 28 "$os = strtolower($HTTP_ENV_VARS["OS"]);"
    as this is not set on my windows/appache2/php4
    to $os = strtolower($_ENV["OS"]);

5) open setup.php insert at line 78
        if ($os_is_win) {
            $pwd = str_replace("\\&quot;,"/",$pwd);
    comment (or delete lines)  86 //if (!$os_is_win) {
    lines 94 -96 //else ...

do the same at line 141, 149 (for opt_dmo database)

6) open index.php goto line 106 replace $path build up lines with following code (find the path to OPT ...)

$path="";
       if(!is_os_win) {       
            $tmp=explode("/",$PATH_TRANSLATED);
         } else {
            $pwd=realpath(".");
            $tmp = explode("\\&quot;,$pwd);
        }
        for ($i=0;$i<sizeOf($tmp)-2;$i++) { //>
            $path.=$tmp[$i]."/";
        }

7) in include get general.php from cvs rev 1.7

Thats all - start /opt/setup/index.php

Upgarde: Use the upgrade Manger to Upgrade to Calendar and 0.947 (download tar and unzip)
    (You have to change/replace general.php because of the bindtodomain problem)

Hope this helps the windows people ...

PS: After installatiopn with Apache it also worked with ISS and php.exe as cgi

• John Maxwell

John Maxwell - 2003-02-14

My install (recently upgraded to .947) is working well with only 2 probs.  Mail notifications are dying because my IIS 5.0 SMTP server does not like the address format that OPT sends with emails that originate from updating/adding new projects.  OPT send <First Name Last Name <user@domain.com>>
      This cannot be interpreted properly by MSFT SMTP server.
      How do I tell OPT to only send the email address without the users full name?
      I can't find where the variables are set that produce the Full Name/Email address in $to.
      Any ideas?

• Bogdan Stancescu

You shouldn't end up with that email address format in any case - that's invalid by any standards, not only for MSFT. Could you actually copy/paste a sample e-mail address composed by OPT - mangling the names and e-mail addresses, but copying the exact format.

• John Maxwell

John Maxwell - 2003-02-14

Yes, thank you for replying.  The following is the log file from my SMTP server. Disregard the plus (+) sign, as it is inserted only into the log file.
      Thanks!

SMTP - - - -
      2003-02-14 19:34:19 127.0.0.1 NOMAD SMTPSVC1 NOMAD 127.0.0.1 0 MAIL - +FROM:<nomad@domain.com> 250 0 42 29 0 SMTP - - - -
      2003-02-14 19:34:19 127.0.0.1 NOMAD SMTPSVC1 NOMAD 127.0.0.1 0 RCPT - +TO:<John+Maxwell+jmaxwell@domain.com> 501 0 27 43 0 SMTP - - - -
      2003-02-14 19:34:19 127.0.0.1 NOMAD SMTPSVC1 NOMAD 127.0.0.1 0 QUIT - NOMAD 0 0 69 4 0 SMTP - - - -

• chaunv

chaunv - 2004-08-25

I have setup opt sucess but when i login with user admin maimenu (header?) and footer not loaded , instead is "Index of /opt/main_menu
      "Name            Last modified      Size  Description"
      why ? can sombody help me solve this bug ?
      Thank