Menu

Oracle and 1.0pre10 MapBuilder

Help
2001-01-30
2001-01-31
  • Dean Des Rosiers

I consistently get an error when trying to run MapBuilder against my Oracle 8i db.  The database is quite huge (at least in terms of it's schema).  I am going to attempt to write my own map files now, but any help would be appreciated. The stack trace is at the end of the message.

I have another question about the myapp example.  Are the comp and db packages two different examples or do they work together?  I know classes in the db package are imported in the comp.Product class, but that may be for convenience.

What does comp mean?  "Complete" as opposed to just "db-oriented?"

I'll be getting up to speed within a couple weeks.  I think Osage may be a good fit for our Web Application.

Here's the stack trace I keep getting:
    com.jxml.quick.QPE: Invalid value:
        at com.jxml.quick.QContext.throwPE(QContext.java:32)
        at com.jxml.quick.tf.QPropertyEditor.validate(QPropertyEditor.java:85)
        at com.jxml.quick.tf.QPropertyEditor.getText(QPropertyEditor.java:95)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QElementFactory$QElement.walk(QElementFactory.java:180)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCElementFactory$QCElement.walk(QCElementFactory.java:143)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCMSeqFactory$QCMSeq.walk(QCMSeqFactory.java:85)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QElementFactory$QElement.walk(QElementFactory.java:217)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCElementFactory$QCElement.walk(QCElementFactory.java:135)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QElementFactory$QElement.walk(QElementFactory.java:217)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCElementFactory$QCElement.walk(QCElementFactory.java:143)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCMFactory$QCM.walk(QCMFactory.java:131)
        at com.jxml.quick.engine.QContextImpl.walk(QContextImpl.java:67)
        at com.jxml.quick.Quick.express(Quick.java:118)
        at net.sourceforge.osage.util.builder.MapGenerator.generate(MapGenerator.java:252)
        at net.sourceforge.osage.util.builder.MapBuilder.run(MapBuilder.java:218)
        at net.sourceforge.osage.util.builder.MapBuilder.generate(MapBuilder.java:235)
        at net.sourceforge.osage.util.builder.Main.main(Main.java:73)
        at examples.Builder.main(Builder.java:12)

• george w. stewart

Hi Dean,

The comp is for composite.  I split the mapping to be able to show capability of generating sql create statements from the maps.  The system can only do this where there's 1-1 correspondence between the table and the map.

I'll try to duplicate your error at home.

Rgds, george

Regards, george

• Dean Des Rosiers

Thanks, George.  I'll try on my end to get a little bit of my schema mapped.  The problem may be that we have several schemas in one db.  While stepping through the code I noticed a few tablenames that I never saw before, but which may be from another schema (for which I didn't believe I had permissions).  I'm no Oracle DBA, but that seemed strange.

Thanks again,
      Dean

• george w. stewart

Hi Dean,

I hadn't tested MapBuilder recently, but did last night, and I couldn't reproduce the problem.

Further, the exception is in the 3rd party tool (quick), so I can't give you good hint of the problem.

You could try altering the MapBuilder to use  specific tables.  And add them 1 at a time.

Regards, george