• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-19

i wanted to host orange hrm on my website to test its functionality

i have a CPanel based host

this is what i did
    created a database
    created a usr
    assigned privilages

and entered the database and usr information on the installation.

the orange 2.2.2 installer says database already exists

does this mean that orange installer automatically creates the database

pls advise.

regards

srinivas

• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-23

Hi Srinivas,

OrangeHRM creates a database user and a database in default installation. Or otherwise you can use an existing user by ticking 'Use the same Database User for OrangeHRM' checkbox. Need not to create them manually.

• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-23

1)When i keep the default database details it says wrong database input
        2)I create a database in CPanel - it says database already exists
        3) When i enter a new database it gives the following error
        Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cpanelusrname/public_html/hrm/install.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cpanelusrname/public_html/hrm/install.php:131) in /home/cpanelusrname/public_html/hrm/install.php on line 191

pls advise

best regards

• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-24

Next time when i try to redo the installation from the start by entering the url www.psrindia.com/hrm

this gives following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/cpanelusrname/public_html/hrm/lib/utils/installUtil.php on line 107

thanks

srinivas

• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-24

Hi Srinivas,

You should provide correct user name and password which is used to connect MySQL

• teresa

teresa - 2008-06-24

i use Cpanel control panel to create mysql databases and usernames

I created a database, username and password

Afer that assigned all the database privileges to the username.

the same database, username and password i entered in the privilege database username field

but still the same error

regards
              srinivas

• teresa

teresa - 2008-08-12

Instead of creating the db and the mysql user using the CPanel, you can create them both using the orangehrm installer.

You might be using a privileged user account to create db and user using the CPanel.
                So give that username and password to orangehrm installer.
                For the "OrangeHRM Database Username" and the "OrangeHRM Database User Password" fields, provide the new user and password.

When installer runs, it will create the db, create user and assign the new user account all privileges only for the new db.
                From that point onwards OrangeHRM will use the given new mysql user for all the connections made by OrangeHRM.
                The privileged user account never will be used after that.
                So everything should run without error.
                Make sure not to mention an existing db name.

Also i suggest to use the version 2.4 or atleast 2.3 since 2.2.2 is very old.
                Telephone:
                +1-914-458-4254 (USA)
                +94-722-451-553 (Asia)
                Web: www.orangehrm.com

538 Teal Plaza
                Secaucus NJ 07094
                Open Source HR Management

• teresa

teresa - 2008-09-04

I'm having the same problem. Your resolution doesn't work.

I get the same error:

Quote:
                  Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/icontsi/public_html/hr/install.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/icontsi/public_html/hr/install.php:131) in /home/icontsi/public_html/hr/install.php on line 227

If I create the user within cPanel, it states the error above after I complete the OHRM install page.

If I don't create the user OR the database in cPanel I get an access error.

I am getting this error as well once I page back after trying to install
                  MySQL InnoDB Support Not Available

• teresa

teresa - 2008-09-04

Is there any resolution on this? I am getting the same problem. I'm trying to write up a review on OrangeHRM to inform more people about it, but can't even get it installed because of this.

Is there a particular reason why it needs to create the actual Database itself? Why can't it just take a database user and name and then populate the tables and data?

• teresa

teresa - 2008-09-05

Hi,

Seems like you have to try the manual installation to get rid of this error.
                      Use the following link to view the OrangeHRM FAQ about manual installation.
                      Quote:
                      http://www.orangehrm.com/wiki/index.php/20\)_How_can_I_install_OrangeHRM_manually_%3F

Below link has a list of FAQs that would help understand many features of OrangeHRM.
                      Quote:
                      http://www.orangehrm.com/wiki/index.php/Orange_FAQ

I'll try to find a way to skip the database/user creation in the installer and just use the one already created through Cpanel.
                      Someone who knows php well can try this.
                      There is another post regarding hosting OrangeHRM on Godaddy.
                      Quote:
                      http://orangehrm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2089

Cheers,
                      Nilufer

• Arnold De Souza

Arnold De Souza - 2010-09-28

Next time when i try to redo the installation from the start by entering the url http://www.psrindia.com/hrm

this gives following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/cpanelusrname/public_html/hrm/lib/utils/installUtil.php on line 107

thanks

srinivas
        http://www.psrinivas.com

Such a very amazing link!