Menu

Is possible (OX app + CXF WS) war and Liferay

2012-11-13
2012-11-26
  • Hayrol Reyes

Hayrol Reyes - 2012-11-13

Hi, We are, currently, developing a big webapp using latest OX and for production it will be generated as portlets to configure the final app into Liferay 6.0.6 (on tomcat), in order to use navigation, user management and security features.

But now we also need expose some set of services which reside into the OX webapp as SOAP WebServices. We commonly use CXF into Tomcat to expose WS in other cases, but now we are wonder if it's possible to use the same OX app to create some WS interfase (with CXF) to expose those services and then deploy the OX app portlets into Liferay and also the WS to be available from the same Liferay server.

So, If that possible? … or should I create a separate standard webapp (non OX) and create my services as normal: with spring's DAO's to access the data stored from my OX webapp and deploy the new WS project as a new war into the same Liferay? or other tomcat (awful).

Which is the best way to proceed?, anyone have worked with something like that?, is there some detailed example on how to proceed?.

Thanks in advance,

• Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2012-11-15

Hi Hayrol,

this is a CXF and Liferay issue, it's not specific of OpenXava, in fact a OX application is an standard WAR application.
    I think you can, have a look at this thread from Liferay forum.

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Before posting a question search this forum for the answer,
    and read the OpenXava documentation in openxava.org.

• Hayrol Reyes

Hayrol Reyes - 2012-11-16

Thanks Javier,

I will take a look into the thread.

If I get to work with CXF and Liferay, I have planned to create a second OX project with references to my main OX which has all my model app stuffs and also some services that are going be exposed as WS SOAP operations through the second webapp CXF project (I hope in the same Liferay tomcat). As I wrote, the second project will be deployed as a webapp containing the WS wrapper and the main project will have the portlets I need to use in my Liferay portal application plus the services that will do the real work behind the WS operations of the second project.

I will be posting results soon.