This allows us to dump Xerces and use 1.4's built-in SAX2. Now the only external requirement is to have jdom-b7. Also, jdom-b7 deprecates the use of relative URI namespaces. Therefor, you must set the full path to your DTD location in opensrsjava.conf.
The latest working stuff is in CVS. It includes using JCE for Blowfish and MD5 and using a Properties-based configuration file. The roadmap ahead is figuring out a better API, using 1.4 logging API, and lessening 3rd-party dependencies, and supporting all commands.
Noah's work has taken him in a different direction. I am the new maintainer now. There will be some updates made in CVS early next week.
As a preview, everything works now, I just want to clean up the code a little. Also, it will require jsdk 1.4. If you have any comments, please email me.
To get the XML stuff to work, you need to have these .jar files in your classpath at compile time:
Additionally, at runtime you need:
in your classpath.
I'm uploading what i've got so far. The cool thing is that authentication works. I've tried to model the perl modules to a fair extent, but I haven't been that disciplined about it.
Things that are notably missing:
o RACE encoding for MLTDs
o A nice simple way to translate between a java language object and an xml document. I've put a lot of work into an XCP object to handle this, but i'm not satisfied with it.
o A high level api such as is in the perl cgi scripts. If you want to register a domain for example, you'll need to create the xml page and call OpenSRSXMLClient.send_cmd.
o I'm using non-standard md5 and blowfish libraries. I haven't had enough time to figure out how JCE works, but I did install it.... read more