Menu

OpenSong 3.0.x printing problem

2019-10-18
2019-10-19
  • Brad Hilton

Brad Hilton - 2019-10-18

I've noticed that printing songs and set lists is not working properly in the 3.0.x releases. The preview window that OpenSong generates looks correct, but when I print the page or view the page in the Preview app, the font sizes are extremely small and the layout does not match what the OpenSong preview window showed.

• Ed Palmer

Ed Palmer - 2019-10-18

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience. I'm aware that printing has some issues. This, though, might be a new one. However, the entire module is going to get some attention.

What printer are you using? I see that you're looking at a PDF output, but it's usually generated from a selected printer. It might be contributing to the issue, so I'd like to check it out. It might also have something to do with the new compiler version or switching on Retina support for V3.

• Brad Hilton

Brad Hilton - 2019-10-18

My printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600

• Ed Palmer

Ed Palmer - 2019-10-19

Thanks for the info.

As a possible temporary option, you might want to try using the Export feature to create an HTML file with your song and printing that from Safari. I just tested that on V3.0.1 and, while it will not be exactly the same as the Print function, it may be usable for you.