Menu

LDAP Hiccup: "Error: Success"

Help
PaulB
2014-02-19
2014-02-26
  • PaulB

PaulB - 2014-02-19

Running a normally functional OpenRoom with LDAP support, we have occasionally encountered login failures in which username and password were correctly entered (I swear... (-; ), and the error message returned reads "Error: Success" (although I'm not sure about the colon). I have at least some reason to think this may involve some sort of user session variable collision with another application login to the same domain in another browser window or tab, but I'm far from sure of this.

Does any of this provide any clues?

Thank You,
    Paul

Last edit: PaulB 2014-02-19
  • Robert Seaton

Robert Seaton - 2014-02-26

I know I've heard of people encountering this issue before, and it generally boils down to the sort of crude implementation of LDAP in OpenRoom.

You can check this thread here http://sourceforge.net/p/openroom/discussion/1815286/thread/9ee8df32/ and see if any of their solutions might be helpful.

In looking through some old emails, some people have run into this issue when users type their entire email address into the username field when logging in (as opposed to just their username without the domain).

Does this seem to happen with any particular browser/OS combination?

One more suggestion if you haven't done it already, make sure you've turned off warnings and error-reporting as outlined in the Installation Guide.

It shouldn't be related to session variable collision, as OpenRoom has a unique value ("systemid" I believe) that it looks for in the session to prevent that.

If none of this helps let me know and we'll see if we can figure it out.

• PaulB

PaulB - 2014-02-26

Hi Robert,
    Yes-- I've discovered the email address login is definitely a way to re-create "Error: Success." I'm not sure whether it accounts for all instances of it. I'm hoping so, since the thread you pointed me to seems to deal with all-the-time login failures in a non Active Directory setting (while our problem is intermittent and in an AD environment).

Thank you!