eNodeB support for BladeRF

TUAAM
2014-02-20
2017-06-25
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • przemobe

przemobe - 2016-03-30

Hi,

Let assume the code is in ~/openlte-code/ directory.

You need to edit file ~/openlte-code/build/LTE_fdd_enodeb/CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/link.txt and add -lbladeRF

ie between /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-pmt.so -lbladeRF -Wl:

/usr/bin/c++    -fPIC -O3 -DNDEBUG    CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_main.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_interface.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_cnfg_db.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_msgq.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_hss.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_user.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_user_mgr.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_rb.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_timer.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_timer_mgr.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_phy.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_mac.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_rlc.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_pdcp.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_rrc.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_mme.cc.o CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_gw.cc.o  -o LTE_fdd_enodeb -rdynamic ../liblte/liblte.a -lfftw3f ../libtools/libtools.a -lpthread -lrt -lpolarssl /usr/local/lib/libuhd.so -lboost_system /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-runtime.so /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-pmt.so /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-runtime.so /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-pmt.so -lbladeRF -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib:

Then go to
    ~/openlte-code/build/LTE_fdd_enodeb
    and simply
    make

Regards,

Last edit: przemobe 2016-03-30
    • Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-03-31

thanks!
      Installation seems ok now

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-04-03

Hello,
      It works, I get RRC connected!
      I used a real sim-card, put mcc and mnc same as my provider (even though I Haven't 4G enabled in my sim) and get RRC connected for any seconds and then after got IDLE state.
      This will be the start point for further improvements
      thanks!

• Khairul Rizqi

Khairul Rizqi - 2016-04-07

How did you connect to the enodeB? Did you have to manually search for it using your phone or does it automatically connect? I've been trying to connect to the enodeB with 1) a phone and 2) srsUE running on a usrp b100, both being unsuccessful.

On the phone, I've followed Ben's method of adding "www.openLTE.com" as the default APN with the USIM as described on the https://sourceforge.net/p/openlte/discussion/general/thread/4254a376 and yet I'm unable to detect the enodeB when I scanned for mobile network. I'm using the Xperia Z3 by the way.

Thank you

• bwojtowi

bwojtowi - 2016-07-03

Przemek,

I have incorporated this patch into the upcoming release. But before I complete the release process, I need to know if you would like to claim copyright to the change (I assume you do). Please provide your name and email address if you do.

Thanks,
    Ben

• przemobe

przemobe - 2016-07-10

Ben,

Yes, please do:
      Przemek Bereski przemobe@users.sourceforge.net

Thanks,
      Przemek

• sajal

sajal - 2017-06-25

Hey Ben can you let me know how to eliminate this error i m getting on starting enodeB. Here is the screenshot of the error. Also can you tell me how to run enodeB and attach ue to it without using usrp sdr b200 or b210.

Last edit: sajal 2017-06-25
    • sajal

sajal - 2017-06-25

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-04-07

Hello Khairul,
    My phone automatically connected,
    I have real UE (but without 4G subscription) with S5 mini (G800F), here are my config:

bandwidth 10.000000
    band 20
    dl_earfcn 6290
    n_ant 1
    n_id_cell 0
    mcc 222
    mnc 88
    cell_id 1
    tracking_area_code 1
    q_rx_lev_min -140
    p0_nominal_pusch -70
    p0_nominal_pucch -96
    sib3_present 0
    q_hyst 0
    sib4_present 0
    sib5_present 0
    sib6_present 0
    sib7_present 0
    sib8_present 0
    search_win_size 0
    debug_type error warning info debug
    debug_level radio phy mac rlc pdcp rrc mme gw user rb timer iface msgq
    enable_pcap 0
    ip_addr_start 0A000001
    dns_addr 08080808
    use_user_file 1
    tx_gain 15
    rx_gain 15

I entered *#0011# (network info monitor) and I saw the dl_earfcn 6290 and around 10-15 seconds of STATUS RRC: CONNECTED, after STATUS: IDLE. After that my phone connected to other BTS nearby because (I suppose) I haven't 4G subscription on my sim.
    I haven't yet configured the adding "www.openLTE.com" as the default APN
    regards

• Khairul Rizqi

Khairul Rizqi - 2016-04-09

Hello Andrea, these are my current settings:

Radio Parameters:
    available_radios: (read-only)
    0: no_rf
    selected_radio_name (read-only) = no_rf
    selected_radio_idx = 0
    clock_source = internal
    System Parameters:
    band = 3
    bandwidth = 10
    cell_id = 382
    debug_level = radio phy mac rlc pdcp rrc mme gw user rb timer iface msgq
    debug_type = error warning info debug
    dl_center_freq = 1815000000
    dl_earfcn = 1300
    dns_addr = C0A80101
    enable_pcap = 1
    ip_addr_start = C0A8E983
    mcc = 525
    mnc = 01
    n_ant = 1
    n_id_cell = 0
    p0_nominal_pucch = -96
    p0_nominal_pusch = -70
    q_hyst = 0
    q_rx_lev_min = -140
    rx_gain = 0
    search_win_size = 0
    sib3_present = 0
    sib4_present = 0
    sib5_present = 0
    sib6_present = 0
    sib7_present = 0
    sib8_present = 0
    tracking_area_code = 708
    tx_gain = 0
    ul_center_freq = 1720000000
    ul_earfcn = 19300
    use_cnfg_file = 1
    use_user_file = 1

Am I doing it wrong anywhere? I'm also carrying it out in a Faraday cage where I block off all signals to force the bladeRF to connect to my UE (Xperia Z3) . I'm not able to see the STATUS RRC: CONNECTED, or STATUS: IDLE. Just to check again that these two messages come from the LTE_fdd_enodeb? I have never seen the message coming out of it. Even in the debug terminal.

Thank You

Khairul

Last edit: Khairul Rizqi 2016-04-09
    • Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-04-09

RRC status is inside your mobile phone, you should be able to show network parameters (service mode) from dialing *#0011# or something like this (look for secret codes for your phone)
      I suggest not to use a band where your mobile could find a real network
      I checked that in your country (Singapore?) band 20 (LTE 800 MHz FDD) is not used by anyone

be sure that mcc and mnc are right for your provider
      In my case I jammed all the other frequencies my phone could connect except the LTE band 20

• Khairul Rizqi

Khairul Rizqi - 2016-04-09

I think the problem with my side is that the enodeB is unable to detect the bladeRF. For this school project, I'm only given a bladeRF and a USRP B100. If I were to connect the B100 to the enodeB, it will be detected and I'll be able to select it. i.e selected_radio_idx has a value of 1. But if I were to use the bladeRF, it'll be a value of 0. Has any of you guys experienced this with the bladeRF. Is there any workaround to have the enodeB to detect the bladeRF?

Attached is a screenshot of what I would see on the debugger terminal. It will always say the circular buffer is empty over and over.

Thank You

Khairul

• przemobe

przemobe - 2016-04-11

Khairul,

1. Are BladeRF divers properly installed? Is device detected under bladeRF-cli info command?
      2. Did you apply code patch to support bladeRF?

P.

• sajal

sajal - 2017-06-25

Hey can you let me know how to eliminate this error i m getting on starting enodeB. Here is the screenshot of the error. Also can you tell me how to run enodeB and attach ue to it without using usrp sdr b200 or b210.

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-04-11

Post your system / hardware configuration

And

• Khairul Rizqi

Khairul Rizqi - 2016-04-16

Hello guys,

My apologies. I realised that I did not install the bladeRF codes correctly. Because I thought there would be errors and so I only patch the codes in after sudo make the openLTE. Now my openLTE works as in it can detect the BladeRF. Now I'm just having trouble connecting to it even with using the programmable SIM card. Are we supposed to be able to see the openLTE being transmitted as one of the networks we can select?

Last edit: Khairul Rizqi 2016-04-16
  • Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-09-22

Hello,
    Is still applicable the patch for bladeRF with the new release?
    Is someone still using bladeRF with openLTE?

• przemobe

przemobe - 2016-09-22

Hello,
      From version 0.20.0 a bladeRF support is built in.

Regards,

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-09-24

Hi,
    After "make" i get the following errors:
    LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc: In member function ‘void LTE_fdd_enb_radio_bladerf::receive(LTE_FDD_ENB_RADIO_PARAMS_STRUCT)’:
    LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc:975:65: error: invalid conversion from ‘uint64
    {aka long long unsigned int}’ to ‘uint64_t {aka long unsigned int}’ [-fpermissive]
    In file included from /home/and/openlte_v00-20-02/LTE_fdd_enodeb/hdr/LTE_fdd_enb_radio.h:54:0,
    from LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc:61:
    /usr/local/include/libbladeRF.h:3002:15: error: initializing argument 3 of ‘int bladerf_get_timestamp(bladerf
    , bladerf_module, uint64_t)’ [-fpermissive]
    int CALL_CONV bladerf_get_timestamp(struct bladerf
    dev, bladerf_module mod,
    ^
    make[2]: [LTE_fdd_enodeb/CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/src/LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc.o] Error 1
    make[1]:
    [LTE_fdd_enodeb/CMakeFiles/LTE_fdd_enodeb.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

here are my config:

openLTE V 0.20.02

bladeRF-cli version: 1.4.0-git-fcd775f
    libbladeRF version: 1.7.2-git-fcd775f

Firmware version: 1.9.0
    FPGA version: 0.6.0

thanks

Last edit: Andrea_G1977 2016-09-24
    • przemobe

przemobe - 2016-09-25

Hi,
      Chengle line LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc:975

bladerf_get_timestamp(bladerf, BLADERF_MODULE_RX, (uint64_t*) &rx_ts);

• xiaohui

xiaohui - 2016-10-11

Hi Przemek,

Very appreciate your effort to support bladerf. I tried on openLTE V 0.20.02, succeeded to run and spectrum can be observed via spectrum analyzer. But the problem is UE cannot access. Some information listed below and I am looking forward your help.

• Operation: I just perform calibration via "cal lms" in bladeRF-cli and run LTE_fdd_enb.
        • Observation: UE cannot identify the cell (no cell search ...)
        • Setup:
          • CPU: i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz (Laptop T460p)
          • openLTE V 0.20.02
          • bladeRF: Firmware version: 1.9.0, FPGA version: 0.6.0
        • Logs in attachment

• przemobe

przemobe - 2016-10-25

Hello,

If you can see in logs radio error RX or TX failed , it means that something with bladeRF communication goes wrong and probably the best solution is to restart enodeb and probably bladeRF too.

Second issue that I met with is that only some UE could detect/find the cell.
          I succesfully could find the cell with Huawei E3372, E8278, Samsung SM-T805. But I could not with Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F), Galaxy S7.
          I have no idea why.

Unfortuanately I have no tools like spectrum analyzer to check what is the root cause.

Another thing this is that current solution for bladeRF is optimized for 10 MHz bandwith.

Regards,
          Przemek

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2016-09-26

thanks
    installation ok now!

• Gukki

Gukki - 2017-03-29

is it correct to assume that bladeRF will now work with the latest OpenLTE release? Just downlaoded it, but the documentation still reads B2XX only

• Andrea_G1977

Andrea_G1977 - 2017-04-20

hello,
    I see a lot of " error radio LTE_fdd_enb_radio.cc 996 RX failed: Requested timestamp is in the past"

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)