Menu

2.0 Beta - Login problem

Help
Wayland
2005-04-27
2013-04-25
  • Wayland

Wayland - 2005-04-27

I just installed OpenIT 2.0 beta (Apache/mysql/php/win2003).
    Everything workis fine fut when i do the first login with default admin, nothing happen. I just get the same side menu?
    Does someones know if there is something special to set?

thx in advance.

• Wayland

Wayland - 2005-04-27

You may ask if i have enable cookies in Php.ini.
      Well yes there are but not cookie only as I have other application that runs with no cookies.

Though i still don't get any menu with default admin user.

• DigitalSorceress

I've been running into this problem too... on 2.2. Set up a new installation as per the install.txt, but when I go to log in as the default administrator, it just bounces me back to the guest home page.

Somewhere I read a post about the header redirect being issued before the session data was saved.. this is exactly what was happening to me.

I was able to work around the problem by editing the loginauth.php file, commenting out
          //http_redirect($redirect);
        and replacing it with
          echo 'LOGGED IN... click <a href="./">here</a>';

My guess is that there is some ini setting that I can add to force it to store session data before the redirect. if not, I think I'll try the old meta-refresh trick instead.

I am using PHP Version 5.1.2 with mysql 5.0.19
        on an apache 2.0.53 web server running on RHEL

• DigitalSorceress

The following seems to work better for me. I now thing it's something to do with the particular way that sessions are set up on my server...

$OpenITSessionID = session_id();
            echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=./?OpenITSessionID=' . $OpenITSessionID . '">';

• DigitalSorceress

I had noticed that the sessionID was not being passed on forms posting, so I added
            ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 1);
          to the common.php file.

My final solution for the issue was that in my case, the master php.ini file had the wrong cookie domain set. I added yet another ini_set to common.php for that and all my troubles went away.

ini_set('session.cookie_domain', 'proper.domain.here');

• Tom Yerex

Tom Yerex - 2005-05-02

I am having a similiar problem, were you able to resolve this issue?  If not, did you pursue the cookie issue much further?  I have cookies appearing locally after login, but I have not looked into the source code to see what is happening.

Can anyone give me a hint where I should look to see if login is occuring successfully?

Tom.

FreeBSD 5.3
      pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1    
      pear-Console_Getopt-1.2   
      pear-DB-1.7.6,1      
      pear-DB_DataObject-1.7.13  
      pear-Date-1.4.3     
      pear-HTML_Common-1.2.1   
      pear-HTML_QuickForm-3.2.4.1
      pear-HTML_Table-1.5   
      pear-PEAR-1.3.5
      pear-Validate-0.4.1   
      pear-XML_RPC-1.2.2        
      php4-pear-4.3.11_2               

Apache 2.0.54

• Michael Schurter

While hacking the include scripts I was able to duplicate this issue.  What happened in my case is that my login authenticated correctly (see loginauth.php & login/db_auth.php), but the Group Session variable (which determines permissions) got set back to Guest (see inc/common.php & inc/auth.php).

...ugh...

Not sure why it happened to me, or why people are seeing it with the clean 2.0-beta1 release.  Perhaps the session is writing correctly after login authentication.  I've heard that if a session isn't explicitly written (session_close()) before a HTTP redirect that you can lose your sesssion data... I'll try to go back through the login/auth. code to check for that condition.

Any PHP hackers out there are welcome to look as well!  The bug is probably located in one or more of the following files:

loginauth.php
      login/db_auth.php
      inc/common.php
      inc/auth.php

• Aaron C

Aaron C - 2005-05-02

This question is for both boillotefg & sparky jones... What version of php?

It seems like someone else ran across some differences between versions in php's session functions.

• Tom Yerex

Tom Yerex - 2005-05-03

PHP4 version 4.3.11 installed.

• Tom Yerex

Tom Yerex - 2005-05-06

Well, maybe the subject should be "stumbled about and got lucky".

Clean system, reinstalled PHP4 on FreeBSD with everything else and still no success.  Switched tracks awhile to install KnowledgeTree, and when I switched back OpenIT worked!

Here are the packages (from ports) on my FreeBSD 5.3 system:

pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1
      pear-Console_Getopt-1.2
      pear-DB-1.7.6,1    
      pear-DB_DataObject-1.7.13
      pear-Date-1.4.3    
      PEAR::HTML_Common
      pear-HTML_QuickForm-3.2.4.1
      pear-HTML_Table-1.5
      pear-PEAR-1.3.5    
      pear-Validate-0.4.1
      pear-XML_RPC-1.2.2

php4-4.3.11        
      php4-gd-4.3.11   
      php4-ldap-4.3.11
      php4-mbstring-4.3.11
      php4-mysql-4.3.11  
      php4-pcre-4.3.11   
      php4-pear-4.3.11_2
      php4-session-4.3.11
      php4-xml-4.3.11    
      phplot-4.4.6_2     

adodb-4.62 

If someone has a suggestion and might know the port that made the difference, I will be happy to remove it and test the theory out.  Otherwise, I am assuming it is a difference in the php.ini file.

If anyone has more questions, please let me know!