Menu

missing dll's

Developers
2008-09-06
2013-05-02
  • Creative Web Design

Hi
    I compiled my application using the new version and I'm getting an Application Error, "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc150002)".

I think it's due to a missing dll, perhaps MSVCP90.DLL which seems to be linked in DevIL.dll.
    Could you provide a version of the dll which doesn't need these dll's, like version 1.6.8 ?

• Denton Woods

Denton Woods - 2008-09-10

I just released one yesterday that was built with MSVC++ 2005.

• nitro

nitro - 2008-09-17

The DevIL 1.7.2 SDK for Windows ( http://downloads.sourceforge.net/openil/DevIL-SDK-1.7.2.zip ) still has the msvc 2008 dlls in it. Can you replace them with the msvc 2005 dlls and re-upload the zip file? Or upload a second zipfile like DevIL-SDK-1.7.2-VC80.zip ?

Thanks,
      -Matthias

• nitro

nitro - 2008-09-17

Addendum:

The new dlls have problems, I get this on lots of systems:

"Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\....\DEVIL.DLL" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001). "

This might be because I used the .libs of the 2008 version and the .dlls of the 2005 one. But I am not sure. It runs on my system, but other systems do experience issues (on xp and vista).

This renders DevIL completely unusable on windows right now on systems without the VC2005 runtime installed.

-Matthias

• nitro

nitro - 2008-09-17

Another addendum:

I discovered Devil.dll and ILU.dll only import the pow and cos functions from the visual C runtime. If devil had its own pow and cos functions, you would be completely independent from the visual C runtimes (dunno about ILUT.dll though).

-Matthias