Menu

Installation Trouble - Windows 10

Help
2016-02-14
2016-02-15
  • knight1fox3

knight1fox3 - 2016-02-14

Hello,

First time user here, and as the subject describes, I'm having trouble installing openemr per the instructions listed on the corresponding wiki page. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The installation gets to "step 3" and then displays an error (see below). Any suggestions for how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

**Step 3

Configuring OpenEMR...**

Connecting to MySQL Server...
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\classes\Installer.class.php:457 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\classes\Installer.class.php(103): Installer->connect_to_database('localhost', 'root', '', '3306') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\setup.php(327): Installer->root_database_connection() #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\classes\Installer.class.php on line 457

• Kevin Yeh

Kevin Yeh - 2016-02-14

Which version of XAMPP are you trying? If you are trying the PHP 7 version and not an PHP 5 version, that would likely explain the missing mysql_connect() function.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2016-02-14

It's far easier to install the Package than it is to install XAMPP & OpenEMR separately.

The only pitfall is extracting the download to some place other than C-drive. If you extract to C-drive, it should go smoothly. If you extract to elsewhere, it would not be possible to turn on MySQL nor Apache from xampp-control.

Would suggest that you delete your present xampp folder & install the Package.

• knight1fox3

knight1fox3 - 2016-02-14

Thanks for the suggestions. fsgl, that particular package worked like a charm. Much appreciated.

• fsgl

fsgl - 2016-02-15

It was my pleasure.

Please implement the other suggestions on that webpage such as changing the timezone, patching & most importantly securing OpenEMR.

The Wiki is an excellent resource for neophytes. If you have other questions, we're here to help.