Menu

XDD Editor

Help
2018-10-18
2018-10-19
  • Bruno Kempf

Bruno Kempf - 2018-10-18

Hi,

I installed the XDD Tool Suite Plugin in Eclipse using the Sourceforge update site (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xddpluginsuite.openconf.p/files/update_site/). Now I would like to use the XDD Editor but there is no 'File->New->POWERLINK Device Description' option available. I am using Eclipse Photon (2018-09).

How can I use the XDD Editor in Eclipse?

Best regards
    Bruno

• Christoph Ruecker

Hi,

Please see attached screenshot.

br
    Christoph

• Bruno Kempf

Bruno Kempf - 2018-10-19

Hi Christoph,

I hoped the Editor works independent of the openCONFIGURATOR. Because when creating a new openCONFIGURATOR project a XDD file for the MN is needed. So I have to write the XDD for the MN without the Editor or use an example XDD from the documentation.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Best regards
    Bruno

• Christoph Ruecker

Hi Bruno,

The editor works indenpendent of the openCONFIGURATOR but you need an MN XDD for creating a project within openConf. In general you can use the MN example XDD given in the openPOWERLINK stack /apps/common/objdicts/. What do you want to achieve? Do you want to create an MN or CN device?

br
    Christoph

• Bruno Kempf

Bruno Kempf - 2018-10-19

Hi Christoph,

I already studying the POWERLINK protocol and stack. Also I set up the Eclipse IDE and POWERLINK Plugins. Now I am going to study XDD and how everything works together. Right now this is the hardest part for me: to understand how I have to design the XDD files for my needs. I know that there is a manufacturer section where I have to define my objects and the mapping of the objects. I have to get it right with the definitions. But I am getting to it. If experience further problems I will create a corresponding topic.

In matters of the opening question: I hoped using the XDD Editor helps working through the example XDD in the openPOWERLINK stack but using Notepad works just fine.

Thanks so far!

Best regards
    Bruno