Menu

CFNetwork

2012-01-24
2021-07-28
  • David M. Cotter

David M. Cotter - 2012-01-24

I have just commissioned the implementation of CFNetwork (from the 10.4 sources) for Windows.  The project will be done in 30 days (crossing fingers), and I will submit the results to this project for inclusion.  Does anyone care?

• David M. Cotter

David M. Cotter - 2012-03-19

The first part of CFNetwork for Windows is done.  this is the "server side" functions, to help you create a server (including bonjour publishing).  if you like, i can send you the code.  however, the "client side" functions do not work yet.  this second half of the project will be started the first week of April and will likely take a month.  it will include downloading, SSL, redirects, bonjour browsing, and possibly ftp downloading.  would you be willing to provide a code test case for getting access to cookies thru CFNetwork, as i am not familiar with that.

• David M. Cotter

David M. Cotter - 2014-08-08

the second half never got done. however, i have just re-commissioned it again, and i'm hoping it will get done this time. you can find out the progress by going here: https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/CFLite/CFNetwork

• David M. Cotter

David M. Cotter - 2014-09-03

You may be happy to know i've actually now got CFNetwork mostly working on windows, including some SSL. There's more to do but i think it will be done in a week or two

• David M. Cotter

David M. Cotter - 2017-07-19

I've updated my project to be 64bit, and it now uses LibreSSL with full support of TLS1.1 and 1.2, and also i have projects for Qt (both mac and windows, 64bit)

• Grant

Grant - 2021-07-28

As far as I can see, any time zone functionality that exists in CFNetwork is a direct dependency, in turn, on CoreFoundation. That dependency would either be satisfied by native CoreFoundation functionality on Apple platforms or provided in a package like opencflite. As far as I know, such functionality works in opencflite. However, if not, an issue should be filed against it on GitHub.

• Grant

Grant - 2021-07-28

I haven't historically leveraged that aspect of functionality in CoreFoundation in my consuming projects, so I can't speak to it. Consequently, I don't have any good examples or functional or unit tests for that aspect of functionality either. The project would welcome a contribution if you're willing and able.

• Grant

Grant - 2021-07-28

Happy to integrate and include it. I've created an issue on GitHub at https://github.com/gerickson/opencflite/issues/45.