The following script works fine if loaded into the IDE, and
run without any breakpoints:
I provide a text file as a single start parameter. This
just basically prints it out. I wrote this to debug
another (much longer) script that was hanging in the
debugger. Obviously I am not using Switch or
Text::Wrap here, but I am in the other script. The
other script also runs fine if run without any breakpoints.
If a breakpoint is added, the following is written to the
Entering open perl debugger, connecting to port
Then it hangs and never steps into the code. Very
rapidly this ends up consuming the available memory! I
have to force a script termination.
If you comment out the 'use Switch' line above, it runs
fine in the debugger.
Some hopefully pertinent details:
OS - Win2K Pro, SP3
Perl version - 184.108.40.2067 (from ActiveState)
OpenPerlIDE version - 1.0 (I got the latest
my email is doug.mcelroy[at]harlandfs.com (replace [at]