From: Filip Volejnik <f.volejnik@ce...> - 2006-11-06 21:43:49
I'm mainly posting to let you people be informed.
In the past days, I was focusing on the scene manager, trying to squash
out some FPS to have a nice reserve for other types of computations that
will need to happen. I was not very successful, getting not more than
few FPS surplus, but I think this can be optimized even later on.
I will likely concentrate on the scene manager finalization in the
upcoming days, to clearly make a thick line, knowing that everything
needed was done.
The two things I'll be implementating now are:
* Rayscene queries - this is inevitable, and needed for collision
detection and picking
* Clear distinction of static meshes v.s. movables - so the movables
will be able to attach to the sceneNodes/cells in which the movables are
visible, but rendered only once per frame if visible.
There are some other optimization tricks waiting for some clever coder,
* Scissors used for the in-cell geometry
(Ogre::RenderSystem::setScissorTest) - should be quite simple. Only the
incoming portals would get unioned to get a global input view to cell
* MovableObject occlusion - hard. Some simplified, non-holed mesh would
have to be used (f.e. closed doors can be seen set as vis-blockers,
closing the portal view)
* Portal simplifications - I remove the vertices not forming an edge
change now (will be in CVS soon). Some other tricks could be used I guess
* Other? We could theoretically create a PVS generator for example - too
much work for now.
I will be glad for any help, as usual.