North Lines

Mapper
Anonymous
2015-09-04
2015-09-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-04

Hi,
    I have a great map, but it doesn't have any North Lines. How do I add these? I can show the grid, but that doesn't help as I have to export the map for others orienteers to use.

Thanks,
    Andy

• Kai Pastor

Kai Pastor - 2015-09-04

You could use the 601.1 or 601.3 "North line pattern" symbol from our symbol sets. It is an area symbol, i.e. you are expected to draw the a line around your map area. You may also cut holes into this area. To move the lines left or right, I would suggest to adjust the "line offset" in the symbol pattern's properties.

When you are done, activate "Protect objects with this symbol", so that it does not block you from editing the map. [You could also put the north object on a different "map part" for that purpose.]

• Thomas Schöps

Thomas Schöps - 2015-09-05

It also used to be possible to set the line offset more intuitively using the "Rotate pattern" tool (hold Ctrl to get vertical lines).

• Kai Pastor

Kai Pastor - 2015-09-06

Oh, I overlooked the Ctrl-Key. Click/Double-Click didn't work, and Dragging always resulted in a rotated pattern when I tested it yesterday. New issue #515.

Last edit: Kai Pastor 2015-09-07