Post Help Requests Here

Theodore
2006-02-14
2013-04-11
  • Theodore

Theodore - 2006-02-14

Please post all help requests here, they are continually monitored.

• csven

csven - 2006-02-15

Appears that this doesn't work with Maya 5.01. Has anyone else tried? I'm using a simple geometric primitive for a test and getting this:

onSave "E:/_GLInterceptandPrint/test.kml" "";
      // Result: 1 //
      // Error: Invalid flag: -n //

• Theodore

Theodore - 2006-02-15

I made some changes and now it works somewhat in Maya 5.0. The progress bar does not show up and the compass can't be turned off - but all the model exporting features work exactly the same now.

Check it here
      http://production.eyebeam.org/tools/maya2google

• csven

csven - 2006-02-15

Excellent. I was just getting ready to give the script a looking over to see if I could determine the problem.

Many thanks.

• csven

csven - 2006-02-15

Beauty. See my post for some info and screenshots: http://blog.rebang.com/?p=676

• Theodore

Theodore - 2006-02-15

Cheers for the post man!!!

Glad you are getting some use out of it.
        Please keep me updated on your work

All the best
        Theo

• Bill Brody

Bill Brody - 2006-02-24

I want to export the colors on the surface of an object from Maya into Google Earth. I beleive I can  modify the mel so I average vetrtex colors into a facet color for a vertex painted object in Maya.  Near as I can tell kml only supports facet colors. I'd like use an average of the 3 vertex colors found by:
      vector $r;
      $r =`polyColorPerVertex -q -r -g -b Mesh.vtx[$i]`;
      Does this make sense? Is there an easier way?

• Theodore

Theodore - 2006-02-25

it should work - the only thing is that we are grabbing the color of the face and then setting it and then accessing the vtxs afterwards in a loop so you probably will have to make sure that you are looking at the vtxs in a new loop before the colors gets written for that face.

please let me know how it goes - the guy who did the face color code for the plugin is going to check it out too.

• Bill Brody

Bill Brody - 2006-02-28

I did exactly as you suggested and I get just wghat I expected, BUT I get <outline>1<outline> when I want and I think specify <outline>0<outline>.

I could use a bit of help with this part.
          here is the section I changed//change color stuff from facet shader query to vertex color query       
                  // Color Stuff   
                  string $faceShader = `getFacetShader $face`;
                  fprint $fileId "<Placemark>";
                  string $style;
          //        string $defaultShader = ("<Style><PolyStyle><color>" + $matHexColor + "</color></PolyStyle><LineStyle><color>" + $lineHexColor + "</color><width>1</width></LineStyle></Style>");
                  string $defaultShader = ("<Style><PolyStyle><color>" + $matHexColor + "</color><fill>1</fill><outline>" + "0" + "</outline></PolyStyle></Style>");
                  if ($faceShader != "none") {
                      $matHexColor =`materialToHexString $faceShader`;
          //            $style = ("<Style><PolyStyle><color>" + $matHexColor + "</color><fill>1</fill><outline>0</outline></PolyStyle><LineStyle><color>" + $lineHexColor + "</color><width>1</width></LineStyle></Style>");
                      $style = ("<Style><PolyStyle><color>" + $matHexColor + "</color><fill>1</fill><outline>" + "0" + "</outline></PolyStyle></Style>");

} else {         
                  $ss=`size $tokens`;
                  int $num = 0;
                  float $r=0,$g=0,$b=0,$a=0,$c[4];
                  for( $j = 2; $j < $ss; $j++)
                      {
                      $num ++;
                      string $vtx = ($input_OBJ+".vtx["+int($tokens[$j])+"]");
                      $c=`polyColorPerVertex -q -r -g -b -a $vtx`;
                      $r+=$c[0];$g+=$c[1];$b+=$c[2];$a+=$c[3];
                      }
                  $r/=$num;$g/=$num;$b/=$num;$a/=$num;
                  $matHexColor = argb2hex($a, $r, $g, $b);
                  $style = ("<Style><PolyStyle><color>" + $matHexColor + "</color><fill>" +"1" + "</fill><outline>" + "0" + "</outline></PolyStyle></Style>");
                  fprint $fileId $style;
                  }

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks