Menu

Error in NXT++.h file

Help
2007-07-13
2013-04-25
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Pls can anyone tell me why I get an error on the line with the statment "BTAddress GetBluetoothAddress ();" in the NXT++.h file. The compiler said "Declaration syntax error", Why? pls help me!!!!

• Cory Walker

Cory Walker - 2007-07-13

Just take it out if you are not planning on using it. I don't think it works anyway, although we have never had a problem like this before.

• Nobody/Anonymous

No, it don't work. If I remove the 2 bluetooth statements then I get errors in the in NXT function. The compiler is complaining that Qualifier "Comm" is not a class or namespace name.
      And by the way I like to use the bluetooth function. But first I like to see this programm running. In the meantime I try to find out what went wrong in the declaration of the bluetooth statements. Pls any advice will be welcome here!!!!!!

• Cory Walker

Cory Walker - 2007-07-14

Did you remove the declaration and the code of GetBluetoothAddress ()? By the way, what compiler and platform are you on?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I removed only the line where the code try to call GetBlueToothAddress() and by the way I get much more errors but this is just the first one. I use windows xp and Borland C++ 5.01.

I also see only 1 driver file in my device manager for the NXT according the manual there supose to be 2 drivers. Also NXC don't like to connect to my NXT. This happened on 2 computers. c++ I try only on one computer for as now.

Can you tell me also what platform you advice me?

Thank a lot!

• Cory Walker

Cory Walker - 2007-07-17

I would suggest you try to compile it on VC++ Express. Its free to download on the MS website and is a lot more reliable then Borland (trust me, I've used it before). As for the drivers, I only have 1 listed in my device manager too so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, Windows is fine to use and it is the primary platform for NXT++. I use Windows myself.

• Nobody/Anonymous

As you suggest, I install VC++ Express. But now I have the problem that I don't know how to write a simple console application that write on the screen "Hello World". I choose the console aplication template. Like I did 10 years ago with Delpi 2.0 But when I try the line #include <iostream.h> he give already an error that he can't find the header file. And even me, I can't find any header file in this program or a setting where I can select a directory for a header file to look. Pls give me a helping hand to start programming with this compiler. By the way You can email or chat me also. My email is rene_wijden@hotmail.com

• Cory Walker

Cory Walker - 2007-07-20

To add an include directory, on the menu, you go to Project->Project Properties... . Once you are in the properties  dialog, you go to Configuration Properties->C/C++->General and add the directory to the Additional Include Directories field. Note: You will probably have to add the old Borland include directory because VC++ does not come with the standard include files. Good Luck!

-Cory Walker