Menu

Color Sensor

Help
2009-10-07
2013-04-25
  • Santiago Chiriboga

Hi, i would like to add support for the color sensor that is sold apart from the main kit but im not really experienced in programming many advanced applications. So maybe someone can give me some pointers as to what i would have to do to get a new sensor working and maybe help this great project too :)

• TFJ

TFJ - 2009-10-07

Hi

I suppose you will implement the support in C++, so what I would do is to investigate the API for the existing sensors and find out how that maps to already implemented functions. Then, I would add similar functions for the color sensor. The aim of this should be to get the color sensor API to look as much as the general senssor API as possible.

Good luck!

• Santiago Chiriboga

well it seems that the color sensor does without the need to add more code… if you set the input ass sonar, it will work (even the test works like that, but got ahead of myself on this post). Although going through all the code taught me a lot :) one final thing i do keep wondering is how do you know which bytes to send as instructions… ill keep fooling around and figure it out