Menu

Problem when I running the source code

Help
2012-04-04
2013-04-29
  • Felipe Miranda

Felipe Miranda - 2012-04-04

when I run a source code in NxcSimulator the robot moves differently each time I run. I wonder if this is a problem in the simulator, and if so, is there any way to fix this.
    Thanks in advance for help,

Felipe

• Knefel

Knefel - 2012-04-04

Hello Felipe,

please post the source code and I will see if I can fix the problem -> https://sourceforge.net/users/knefel and use "send me a message", or post the source code here if it's not too much.

• Felipe Miranda

Felipe Miranda - 2012-04-05

the source code is simple:

task main()
    {
        OnFwd(OUT_AC, 75);
        Wait(2000);
        Off(OUT_AC);
    }

PS: RotateMotor does not work.

thank you for donating your time,

Felipe

• Knefel

Knefel - 2012-04-05

Hello Felipe,

this source code works inside the nxcSimulator (.. and RotateMotor is working too). There must be another problem. I suspect that the problem is related to the driver for the graphics card. Please start the nxcEditor and open the nxcSimulator from the menu (click on "nxcSimulator" -> click on "Open nxcSimulator"). Now click on "Start program" - the robot should write "NXC" very fast on the black screen. If this doesn't work (the robot is slow for example) then you have to install another driver for the graphics card with 3D support (or you have to activate this support - the nxcSimulator needs OpenGL). The LIVE-LINUX-USB-IMAGE is prepared to install drivers for NVIDIA or ATI/AMD graphics cards. The free drivers the openSUSE team provides for the LINUX-LIVE-CD does not provide all the functions of all graphics.
    If the problem can not be solved, then just write which version of the nxcSimulator you are using (CD, USB, *. rpm *. deb, *.gambas) … and the Linux distribution you are using …
    You may try to zoom the area for the simulator until you reach "-10" - if the graphics card is the problem then your NXC program may work with a very small robot.

• Felipe Miranda

Felipe Miranda - 2012-04-05

Thanks, as you said, the robot should write NXC, but he made several risks on the screen, something close to what should be written. Only one problem, I'm with openSuse installed on a virtual machine. One more question: I can not open the executable file gambas3 because I wanted to update the program without having to download another ISO. If you can, you can add the RPM file to download?

Thank you for the help,

Felipe

• Knefel

Knefel - 2012-04-05

Hello Felipe,

There are a few options …

1)
    If you have chosen the Live Installer from the nxcLinux CD:
    You must copy a new version of the nxcEditor to the directory /usr/local/bin/ (do this as root). The file must be renamed in "nxcEditor.gambas" and made ​​executable.

2)
    Download the new version of the executable nxcEditor file and make it executable. Now you can start it inside a Terminal - type "./nxcEditor*" and press return. You also can build a new starter on the Desktop: press right mouse button on the Desktop -> select "Create New" -> select "Link to Appication" -> now chose Application … and press the button "Browse" behind "Command" and select the executable Gambas file.

3)
    Have patience for the update of the rpm - coming soon.