The "Compare HEX" menu item is always disabled, I could not find any way to make it available. After opening two files in Hex View mode, it's still disabled.
Running Notepad++ 5.3 Unicode with HEX-Editor plugin v0.9.3 Unicode.
I had the same problem (Notepad++ v5.8.6 Unicode with HEX-Editor 0.9.5 Unicode), but I managed to get it working by:
1. Open the two files to compare.
2. Select Plugins/Compare/Compare (I think this is using the default Compare plugin)
3. On each of the side-by-side windows, enter hex mode (Plugins/HEX-Editor/View In Hex)
4. Select all in each window (or just the data to compare)
5. Now the menu item should be enabled: Plugins/HEX-Editor/Compare HEX
(I do agree, it is a long process)
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter: