Does anyone know why the Function List 2 is not working?
At last I got it working too...
I also upgraded from Notepad++ 4.9.2 to 5.0.3 via the automatic update. During install I got some message that "FunctionList.dll" had to be deleted, but I didn't really take notice of it. To my horror, the function list plug-in was gone when I launched Notepad++ 5.0.3. Then I came across this thread and found that I had to download "Function List" plugin from here:
I followed the instructions in the HOWTO file comparing with what was said in this thread. At first, to my delight, the "Function List" was back in place again, and I was excited. But then it turned out that it wasn't showing any functions. I thought I had been following the instructions? It turned out that there were some old configuration files lying in
C:\Documents and Settings\Erik\Application Data\Notepad++\plugins\config
Apparently, this was the %APPDATA% folder. What was confusing me was that the HOWTO file was talking about that the "Plugins/Config" could be either of two places and I did have a folder named
so I didn't look for an %APPDATA% folder. After deleting all files related to Function List plugin, closing Notepad++, following the instructions, it started working correctly...
Thank you everyone.
Hi, are there any plans on converting the Functions List plugin for the Unicode version? I'm using the ANSI version, but Don says that in the future the mainstream version will be the Unicode one. Which means that now everything is fine, but in the future there might be problems...
Thanks in advance!
Perhaps anyone else on one of the fora has experienced the same problem.
Yeah I had the same problem when upgrading notepad and upgrading functionlist.
Make sure notepad is shut down.
Remove the FunctionList.dll from your plugins folder
Remove the FunctionList.ini and FunctionListRules.xml from your config directory (read the HOW TO doc that comes with the install to find where your config files are, mine were in the %APPDATA% folder)
now that the old stuff is gone copy the new FunctionList.dll to the Plugins folder, and copy C++.flb and FunctionListRules.xml to the config folder.
Now restart Notepad++ and it should work. Basically what happened for me is that I still had the old config files in my config dir and that was messing it up - even when I copied the new config files there. I had to remove everything and reinstall it. I could have avoided this by reading the how to file first - doh.
Hope this helps.
Thanks! I couldn't get FunctionList working after recently upgrading to Notepad++ 5, but after following your advice everything's now fine again :)
Many people experienced it, but only with the user defined rules. The normal rules are available.
When using Windows Vista and if you have installed Notepad++ to the Program Files directory, also note that you probably have to copy the files to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\config
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.