Hex Editor v0.9 released !!!!

2008-07-02
2012-11-14
  • Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-07-02

Hello Notepad++ and HexEditor plugin user,

I investigated a lot of time in this new release. I think you will like it.
    It's not tested with older version than 4.9.2.

Here the link:
    https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=189927&package_id=222593&release_id=610986

Have fun with it
    Jens

Change-log for HexEditor.dll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08/07/01  v0.9.0 :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Fix: When using the "Replace All" while the replace-string is greater than the
             find-string, the function stops before it reaches the end of file
             [NPP-P-B-1897604]
        Fix: The "Unicode string" option in the Search dialog shows plain ASCII texts
             only [NPP-P-B-1899671]
        Fix: Paste does nothing when clipboard was filled from outside [NPP-P-B-1807069]
        Fix: Resource leak by using the find/replace operation [NPP-P-B-1936857]
        Fix: Breaks Unicode "Cyrillic" input to the main window [NPP-P-B-1977701]
        Fix: Better shortcut support
        New: Highlight selected text when toggling between HEX mode and N++.
             [NPP-P-FR-1874110]
        New: Bookmarks !!!
        New: Simple Compare !!!
        New: User is able to customize the font
        New: User is able to customize a different set of colors
        New: Multi-language support implemented. NativeLang v1.1 plug-in needed
        Change: Goto dialog supports now offsets
        Change: Goto dialog allows in hex mode to jump to every address
        Change: The user can customize now the "Address" width
        Change: Enhanced the graphical interface on selection

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-11-11

New UNICODE version at end of November.

Best Regards
      Jens

• Anonymous - 2008-11-11

Thank you!! =)

• Simon Berger

Simon Berger - 2008-07-04

Thanks so much! And also compare option now :)

• DV

DV - 2008-07-05

Great! Thank you!
      However, Go To Offset does not work. Incremental Search does not work also. Notepad++ 4.9.2.

• DV

DV - 2008-07-05

Or maybe I just don't understand what does Go To Offset mean? What is the difference between Go To Address and Go To Offset? Maybe it must have different name according to its meaning?

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-07-06

Hi DV,

I Go To Offset does mean:
          If you are in line 20 and you type 20 while "...to Line" is checked you will come to line 40. Otherwise, you are at address 0x20 and you type 0x04 while "...to Line" is unchecked you will come to 0x24.

Incremental search isn't supported as well as Find in Files and Mark/Unmark All. Only Find, Replace, Find Next/Previous and volatile Search is supported.
          Next version of HexEditor does it make more clear what is supported and what not.

Best Regards
          Jens

• Taylor Rhodes

Taylor Rhodes - 2008-09-07

I downloaded the dll, but it says it's still 0.8.3 and doesn't work with notepad 5+

am I downloading from the right place

• Taylor Rhodes

Taylor Rhodes - 2008-09-07

I take that back!!! it works now... but it still says it's 8.4.3

• Scott Frayne

Scott Frayne - 2008-09-25

Hello Jens.

I have downloaded HexEditor_0_9_0_src.zip to try to build the source, however I am having problems.
      After unzipping it, I open up the file  \HexEditor\projects\VC6\HexEditor.dsw using Visual Studio 6.
      I then click on the menu: Build > Build HexEditor.dll and get the following..

Compiling resources...
      Compiling...
      ColumnDialog.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\OptionDlg\ColumnDialog.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'StaticDialog.h': No such file or directory
      FindReplaceDialog.cpp
      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xxx\HexEditor\src\UserDlg\FindReplaceDialog.cpp': No such file or directory
      GotoDialog.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\UserDlg\GotoDialog.h(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'StaticDialog.h': No such file or directory
      HelpDialog.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\HelpDlg\HelpDialog.cpp(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HelpDialog.h': No such file or directory
      HEXDialog.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\HEXDialog.h(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'StaticDialog.h': No such file or directory
      MultiTypeCombo.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\misc\MultiTypeCombo.cpp(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SysMsg.h': No such file or directory
      OptionDialog.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\OptionDlg\OptionDialog.h(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'StaticDialog.h': No such file or directory
      PatternDialog.cpp
      ../../src\Hex.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Scintilla.h': No such file or directory
      PluginInterface.cpp
      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xxx\HexEditor\src\PluginInterface.cpp': No such file or directory
      StaticDialog.cpp
      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xxx\HexEditor\src\StaticDialog.cpp': No such file or directory
      stdafx.cpp
      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xxx\HexEditor\src\stdafx.cpp': No such file or directory
      SysMsg.cpp
      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'xxx\HexEditor\src\SysMsg.cpp': No such file or directory
      ToolTip.cpp
      ../../src\Hex.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Scintilla.h': No such file or directory
      URLCtrl.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\HelpDlg\URLCtrl.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Window.h': No such file or directory
      Utf8_16.cpp
      xxx\HexEditor\src\Utf8_16.cpp(23) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PluginInterface.h': No such file or directory
      Error executing cl.exe.

HexEditor.dll - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Are you sure the vs6 project included in the zip is correct and complete?
      Or is there anything else I need to know in order to be able to build the source using Visual Studio 6?

Thanks.

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-09-30

Hi,

you need to copy the Common folder parallel to the HexEditor project. You can find it on SF in CVS. Also it should be inlcuded into the ZIP file.
        This applies also to all my other projects.

Example:

Common
        Explorer
        HexEditor
        NativeLang
        WindowManager

Best Regards
        Jens

• gary coast

gary coast - 2008-09-25

Thanks Jens for your very good and very important hex editor!

• vardek

vardek - 2008-10-26

Hi,

Just wondering when we might expect a Unicode version for Notepad++ 5.1?  Till then I'll plan on using the ANSI version of Notepad++.