Plugin Manager 0.9.2 has been released.
This will be automatically updated in a few days, but I'd ask that people download and install it manually to give me some feedback that everything works.
The URL that it downloads the XML from has changed, and I won't be maintaining the old one, so new plugins will only be seen in the version onwards.
* Limit the automatic check for updated plugins to once every 3 days, which reduces the load on our servers, and also quickens the startup of Notepad++ for the user.
* Latest update added, so, on future updates, the update notice will be shown on the notify window, and also on the updates tab.
* Stability column added to the list, with the ability to hide the unstable ones (enabled by default)
* Newlines can now be added in the description, using \n, which makes them easier to read
* Ability to highlight a version as unstable (aka "bad"), which means that a lower version number is notified for update.
e.g. Plugin version 1.2 is good, then 1.5 is released. Plugin manager updates to 1.5, then stability reports come in about 1.5 not being stable. The XML can be updated such that the latest version is 1.2, and 1.5 marked as unstable. Anyone who has upgraded to 1.5 will then be asked if they want to "update" back to 1.2.
* Plugins.xml and the validation database are now hosted on Sourceforge
* Fixed an issue with removing plugins - the plugin file is now removed properly
* Fixed a potential crash issue if a temporary download file could not be opened for writing
* Fixed an issue if the plugin config directory needed multiple levels creating
* A couple of code tidy ups
Thanks, any feedback gratefully received... a couple of "works fine for me" would be nice too, before I add this version to the automatic update ;)
I've just updated it to 0.9.2.1, which fixes the bug reported earlier if the variable name was badly used (the XML has already been corrected, so the bug is not "visible" any more), but this release means that an infinite loop is no longer possible.
The only other change is that the Show Unstable plugins option is now defaulted to off.
If you've already updated to 0.9.2, there's no reason to update - 0.9.2.1 will be on the automatic update within a couple of days unless any further bug reports come in.
It doesn't work fine for me :p.
To be serious.
1. I uninstalled two plugins which worked ok.
2. But I tried installing Gtag and it stopped downloading after two files and 100% of second one. After I had to kill Notpad++ Gtag seems to be installed right but it didn't work yet so I dunno. It's a bug anyway, maybe a cancel button would be welcome.
3. I started Notepad another time and started your plugin. For some seconds there were the message downloading plugin information. I then restarted Notepad++ and everything was ok. I noticed that it wasn't possible to use the installed plugins tab while trying to download information that would be a good fix later.
Thanks for the report.
That can happen if the remote side stops sending the data, ie. the download stops. The cancel button would be good, and is certainly on my list, but it's not that straight forward. I'll double check the Gtag links are still fine.
The installed plugins tab can't be used until it has downloaded the information, as otherwise it can't tell what versions are installed, or even the proper name of some of the plugins. So, unfortunately you have to wait for it to download first. However, it will only download once, after that, it will just check the file is the same. You'll still get the "downloading plugin list" for a second or so though, while it's checking the versions you have installed.
In the case of Gtag it seems to be a different problem because as I wrote it stops (or maybe crashes) after the progressbar seems to show 100% and copying should start (that was the case for file one). Could there maybe a problem for all files after the first?
I've fixed two issues, one was in the XML for Gtag, and one was an issue in the plugin manager that meant it dealt badly with the error in the XML.
I've updated the live XML file, so if you reinstall gtags now, it should install cleanly.
Again, many thanks for the report.
I can confirm that it works great now ;)
I cannot find how a plugin developer is supposed to submit updates and/or modify the repository xml file.
If you have a look at the site mentioned in the post, http://www.brotherstone.co.uk/npp/pm/ , that has details about how to submit updates. If, however, you're talking about your language plugin update, i've already got that poised for the next XML release I do ;)
Basically, you can send me your update, or ideally fork the repository on github and send me a pull request for your changes. This way is easiest to keep track of what's in and what's out.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.