Menu

Getting two selections when I select a word that comes after a "<" in a js document. Screenshot inside.

2013-02-17
2013-04-11
  • Wilfred Godfrey

Wilfred Godfrey - 2013-02-17

This is a major annoyance for me as I love NPP, but cannot have it messing with my code like this. I write a lot of Javascript. Here is a screenshot of the problem [http://imgur.com/snmJCe1]. Note that the problem isn't the same-word-highlighting, but the second text selection near the bottom.

Removing the ">" inside the selection at the bottom changes where the second selection appears.

Thanks in advance, this is a real help.

Wilfred

• Michel Merlin

Michel Merlin - 2013-04-11

See topic "Selection Highlighting"

"Wilfred Godfrey" 2013-02-17, you say « Note that the problem isn't the same-word-highlighting, but the second text selection near the bottom », but what your screenshot shows is actually a 11-line text in Notepad++ with 5 occurrences of the word "build_y" of which 1 selected and 4 also highlighted (NPPP > Settings > Preferences > MISC > Smart Highlighting). Unfortunately the default outlining in NPPP is the same for "selected" and "smart-highlighted", which got you (as me) mislead.

To remove any confusion: "NPPP > Settings > Style Configurator > Language: Global Styles, Style: Selected text colour > Colour Style > Background color", click the square (initially somewhat gray) and chose the bright vivid green square (which is #00ff00, i.e. "lime"). For details, go to topic "Selection Highlighting" then Ctrl+F "Style Configurator" (and don't mind the pollution that shows whatever, however, whenever, wherever I post).

Versailles, Thu 11 Apr 2013 15:10:00 +0200