Sam - 2014-07-03

Hello all,

I finally found a Notepad++ color scheme I love, and really want to use. It's an Eclipse color scheme made back in February of 2009 which mimics the Eclipse IDE scheme as far as possible. It can be downloaded here or just [viewed in plain XML text here].(http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/576705/blog/src/stylers.xml.eclipse)

Eclipse IDE Theme

I thought I knew how to add themes to Notepad++. You move the .xml file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes, and then restart Notepad++ and choose it in the Settings->Style Configurator window, then Save & Close.

Well, when you download the file, it downloads as "stylers.xml.eclipse". So I renamed it "Eclipse.xml". I performed the steps above, and there it was in the Select theme drop down. When I selected it though, the text I wrote didn't change, and comments didn't change color or anything.

So, I opened up the file and saw these instructions:

Installation:
Rename this file to stylers.xml and copy to
C:\Documents and Settings\%%USERNAME%%\Application Data\Notepad++\ or C:\Program Files\Notepad++\ (depends on installation type)

So, I renamed the "Eclipse.xml" file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes to "stylers.model.xml", moved it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\ to overwrite that stylers.model.xml, and for good measure, also copied it to C:\Documents and Settings\%%USERNAME%%\Application Data\Notepad++\ under the name "stylers.xml", overwriting the "stylers.xml" that was there. (I backed up the original stylers.model.xml and stylers.xml files I overwrote). Restarted Notepad++. Still the code wasn't formatting any differently.

I'm thinking because the theme was written in 2009 it is outdated now, and won't work with the new v6.6.7. Or, I'm just doing something wrong. I've since uninstalled/reinstalled Notepad++.

Can anyone tell me if I can use this theme somehow in my Notepad++? I attached the XML theme I'm talking about as well if you wanted to look at it. (renamed from "stylers.xml.android" as originally downloaded as to "stylers.xml")

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edit: Sam 2014-07-03