Menu

UDL Help

2013-06-06
2013-06-09
  • Justin Dailey

Justin Dailey - 2013-06-06

I've got a C-based language that I want to define as a separate UDL (extra keywords, autocomplete, etc). The issue I'm running into is that the extension of the files are ".ex.c". Obviously N++ recognizes this as a plain C file before the user defined language with the extension ".ex.c".

I tried using the "-l" flag from the command line but it didn't recognize UDL names (looking at the source code verified this).

So a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to code in the ability to accept UDLs with the "-l" flag? It may not be depending on how/when the UDLs are loaded.
    2. Would it seem logical to modify N++ to try to apply a UDL before a built in lexer? The user may want to override a built in lexer with a custom UDL.

I am open to other suggestions too. My only other option I know of is to add in the extra keywords under Settings->"Style Configurator" and add any autocomplete junk to APIs\c.xml, but preferably I would like to keep it as a separate language if possible.

Thanks!

• cchris

cchris - 2013-06-09

The issue is that the avalable UDLs are not known from Notepad++ on launch, but right thereafter. It could be hacked in I guess.

CChris