SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

"open file" function in 5.1 or above

Sing
2008-11-28
2012-11-13
  • Sing

Sing - 2008-11-28

The "Run"->"open file Alt+F5" do not work as 5.0.3, it cannot open any files! 

I found this bug starting from version 5.1, and posted here, but no one reply me.

• Sing

Sing - 2008-12-02

I also use the ANSI version, but the solution above did not fix it.

• lunatic

lunatic - 2008-12-01

I can confirm this bug in 5.1.1 Unicode version. 

N++ doesn't seem to do anything when you highlight a path to a file that you know exists and try to open the file.  However if you highlight a part of the path, N++ will warn you that the file doesnt exist and it will ask if you want to create it.

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2008-12-01

Open the config file shortcuts.xml with some other editor while N++ is closed, and try adding quotes to the paths, like this:
      <Command name="Open file" Ctrl="no" Alt="yes" Shift="no" Key="116">&quot;$(NPP_DIRECTORY)\notepad++.exe&quot; &quot;$(CURRENT_WORD)&quot;</Command>
      <Command name="Open in another instance" Ctrl="no" Alt="yes" Shift="no" Key="117">&quot;$(NPP_DIRECTORY)\notepad++.exe&quot; &quot;$(CURRENT_WORD)&quot; -nosession -multiInst</Command>

• Jan Schreiber

Sorry, use &amp;quot; instead of the quotes. The behavior of the forum software is hard to predict.

• lunatic

lunatic - 2008-12-01

Jan,

I had no luck with that fix.

And I am assuming you mean & quot ; (without the spaces).

• Jan Schreiber

Yes, of course. It's hard to predict when html entities are shown literally here in this forum. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe it's a Unicode-specific bug? I use the ANSI version.

• lunatic

lunatic - 2008-12-01

No worries.  Thanks for the headsup on the quotes though.