Hello, I came into a bug (N++ 4.6) that I've never met before, although I am using NPP for long time, still with the same encoding (UTF w/o BOM);
When I open some files, I got proper encoding in the right bottom on the NPP window, however in the menu section the option 'encode in UTF8 w/o BOM' is not selected but the file is encoded this way, or just the opposite - it displays when it is not necessary;
here's the screenshot (polish lang)
I restarted Windows and the problem still happens. Sometimes it occurs, sometimes everything's ok.
If you need any additional info please write here.
I have found the same problem.
Actually, it occurs when the first time you open the file, and then everything's ok.