Menu

where can i find the scripting functions mention in the product description?

2018-11-20
2018-11-21
  • arthur sherman

arthur sherman - 2018-11-20

Scripting interface for automated job processing (import, export, test, restart)

the above line is from the features list on the page:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosql/

but where is this scripting interface. i'd like to add some scripts, like for scanning (network discovery)

tnx
    ams

• Martin

Martin - 2018-11-20

The scripting interface can be found at /scripts/do_config.php, but it is disabled per default with an "exit" line inside the code.

I'm not sure if it fits your needs.

• arthur sherman

arthur sherman - 2018-11-20

thanks for the rapid reply, m.
    the script do_config.php looks basically like what implements the functions in the tools menu.
    i commented the exit command, reloaded the webadmin page. was i supposed to see an additional
    menu item? i also tried going to the page webadmin/scripts/do_config.php. this produced text on the screen:
    #!/usr/bin/php Usage: function domain [object] function = write/check/restart/import domain = domain name like 'localhost' object = object name, see below: import: object = file name like 'hostgroups.cfg' or 'localhost.cfg' write: object = table name like 'tbl_contact' or simplier 'contact' without 'tbl_' Attention: import function replaces existing data! Note that the new backup and configuration files becomes the UID/GID from the calling user and probably can't be deleted via web GUI anymore!

well, when i saw the scripting feature listed as:
    Scripting interface for automated job processing (import, export, test, restart)

i thought it meant something like webmin's custom commands.
    guess not. 
    tnx
    ams

• Martin

Martin - 2018-11-21

The scripting interface is used to use the functions of NagiosQL within user-defined system scripts (shell scripts, Perl etc.) and/or e.g. via crontab.