Menu

managing multiple Nagios configurations

2019-01-11
2019-01-12
  • Dan Langille

Dan Langille - 2019-01-11

I have two distinct nagios configurations. I have successfully imported one configuration and now I am trying to learn how to import and manage a second.

I see data domains & config targets but I don't know exactly how to use them

For the second configuration, I have create a new Config target via admin/configtargets.php

NOTE: this page confuses me because the menu refers to 'Config targets' but the caption says 'Configuration domain administration'.

I called the new target EXTERNAL. It seems that a given target is the output for a configuration set (i.e. directories, etc). It is not clear to me how to swap between differenet targets.

I went looking for documentation but failed. What should I be reading please?

• Martin

Martin - 2019-01-12

The domain configurations are described at the end of this documentation:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosql/files/nagiosql/Documentation/

Short:
    A configuration domain represents a Nagios installation on a server. It stores where the files are stored and how to reach this Nagios server (ssh/ftp/local).

A data domain is a related set of configurations for Nagios in NagiosQL. You can send such a set to a configuration domain 1:1 or to several 1:n. For this reason this is separate.